Wednesday, August 15, 2007

HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY CODY!!

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Cody, happy birthday to you!!!

We celebrated Cody's 29th birthday yesterday and had so much fun spending the day together. Cody took the day off from seeing patients to hang out with Lexi and I. We started off the day surprising him with his favorite...blueberry donuts! They were pretty yummy I have to say myself, and I think Lexi would agree. He got a new golf club for his birthday but unfortunately it didn't arrive until today, so we headed to the sporting good store so he could at least look at it. He LOVES to golf to say the least. I am hoping to take some lessons next spring so I can join him on the course.

We ended up buying a tent while we were at the store so we would have our own to go camping next weekend. I told you how pathetic our camping gear is, so we are making baby steps!! We are going with 3 other couples next weekend up by the IU campus so it should be a lot of fun.
Our exciting day continued with a trip to Red Robin to eat and going to the movies. When we arrived to pick up Lexi we found out she had a poopy diaper but we just decided to go home and change it there. On our way out we ran into some of our good friends and ended up talking outside for about 30 minutes. I guess Lexi got sick of walking around in a poopy diaper and thought she better take matters into her own hands. We turned around and she had taken off her diaper and put it in the street!! We couldn't stop laughing and we were trying to wipe her off and change her diaper in the middle of the street. It was quite the sight. She sure keeps us laughing and has such a funny personality. Being parents is definitely the biggest joy you can have.



Lexi and dad at Red Robin. Happy birthday Cody, we love you!!

Lexi enjoying a few french fries. I guess she had too many in her mouth to smile.

Here is the yummy ice cream cake the Pillsbury dough boy made. It took so much time preparing!! I thought I would buy one instead of make one since it looked so yummy, plus it was just the right size for us and a few of our friends!!

This topped off the night...the poopy diaper disappearance!! You just never know what might happen with kids. Our friends couldn't stop laughing so they got out their camera and took a picture of our cute little Lexi's bum. I'm pretty sure she would not want everyone to see her exposed, but she's just so darn cute we had to let you laugh about it too.

2 comments:

NAT said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CODY! I forgot to send you a card, but, please know that we remembered and thought about you yesterday. Don't feel too old 'cause I'll be hitting the big 29 here in about a month. We can enjoy our last year as 20-somethings together.

Sounds like you had a great day and that Lexi episode is hilarious. She's so cute! Well, we love you guys.

The Platt's

Kajsa said...

hey, sounds like yall had a fun day! thats awesome that yall were able to spend it together! i hope you wrote that story down somewhere so you can have it forever, i cant believe she did that, that is soooo funny!