Lexi had such a great year with her Evolve Dance Company. It has been such a positive experience for her, and she loves going to Evolve. It's her favorite night of the week, and it makes me really happy that she has found something she loves, with positive roll models, and gives her good exercise. She loves to dance! Whenever she is at home she is dancing around the house, playing music, and trying different kicks, spins, and moves. She loves to teach herself new things, and her role model is her big sister at dance Molly Jane. Each girl gets a big sister buddy, and Lexi's is Molly. Molly is one of the best dancers on the company team, and Lexi really wants to be just like her. Molly is such a great example, so I'm happy that Lexi has someone like that to look up to. When you watch Lexi perform, you can see happiness! I knew the same feeling when I would run out onto the basketball court!! I love that she has experienced this feeling! I guess time will only tell if she continues to love dance, but right now it's a great thing for her.
At the Evolve awards Lexi got "Fabulous Feet", and "Most Likely to Teach herself Leg Hold Turns"
She says that the owners always say what beautiful feet she has, and the way she points them. They tell her if she doesn't use her feet they will!! She definitely got her daddy's feet!! This was not something I hoped any of my kids would inherit from me!! The second award was an individual award that they noticed about Lexi. They said she is very self motivated to teach herself and learn new things. She wanted to learn a leg hold turn for a long time, and I guess she decided she just wanted to teach herself! She's pretty good at it, and is very flexible. I'm so proud of Lexi and her determination, motivation, and drive. She is only 9 years old, but is wise beyond her years. She understands and knows what it takes to get to where she wants to be, and she has such a strong drive and perfectionist personality to get there. She doesn't let fear hold her back, and her confidence amazes me. I know if she continues to grow, work hard, and keeps practicing she will be such a wonderful dancer. She already is such a great dancer for her age. Cody and I love watching her dance. I still get choked up when I watch her. She's growing up so fast. I love her!!
No comments:
Post a Comment