Friday, October 17, 2014

Trey's 7th birthday

I can't believe my handsome, strong, determined, very smart and driven, athletic, sweet, rambunctious, perfectionist, and kind boy is 7.  I truly think Cody and I both survived on 3 to 4 hours of sleep every night the first year of Trey's life.  With his colic we really had to work as a team.  My husband was truly my saving grace that year.  I couldn't have done it without him, because it took both of us that first year of life,  to survive Cody's 4th year of dental school, having an extremely colicky baby, and moving across the country to Arizona!  It was a whirlwind!!  We loved our little guy so much, and just wanted to help take the pain away, but we tried everything on our limited dental school budget.  Lots of patience, and taking it day by day got us through those first 9 months.  I know that Trey was born the first boy because of his strong leadership personality, and his determination.  Trey loves to be complimented, choose the right, and do his very best at everything he does.  He will do anything to earn money, and wants to work with his dad one day!  The end of his kindergarten year he was chosen for the gifted and talented program called Quest.  He was only 1 of 2 chosen in his class, based on his test scores after testing the entire kindergarten.  We were so extremely proud of him, and I feel like it has been such a fun thing for him to be a part of,  and a boost to his self esteem.  Trey is really a great kid, and I'm very proud of the boy he is growing into.  I know he is listening to what Cody and I are trying to teach him,  and I know with his strong spirit we have a big job to raise him right.  He has one of the biggest hearts, and wants to live life to the fullest, jumping, running, punching, tackling, and being 100% boy the whole way!!  I'm thankful him and I share a birthday!  It's really special.
Trey loves his dad!!  His dad is his idol, and he loves being with him.  Trey loves to be at home with his family.  He is very shy, and loves friends, but is very hesitant to just go up and introduce himself.  This year in school Trey is doing wonderful!  He prides himself in getting a smiley face every day!  I'm so glad he wants to behave and be on his best behavior at school.  He has received a smiley face every day!
For Trey's 7th birthday Trey wanted to do something as a family instead of have a party!!  A couple days before his birthday he asked if he could have a few friends over to celebrate and go swimming.  It ended up raining on the day of his party, but the boys had so much fun anyways!!  It was the most low key party, but they didn't care one bit!  It was fun just seeing them have fun!!

Trey was so sweet before our birthday.  He said, "mom, what would you like for your birthday?  I know you love jewelry, so maybe some pretty jewelry? You like clothes, so maybe you would like some new clothes?"  He said, "I know because it's my birthday you don't really get to celebrate just your own birthday."  It was really thoughtful of him to think of me.

The Friday before my birthday my husband and Lexi took me to the UT volleyball game!! Ive been wanting to go so bad, and it happened to be right before my birthday! It was a lot of fun to watch them! They are really good! It was a great birthday present.

My sister in law and friend Tiffanie had a little girls night get together for my birthday! It was so much fun just talking and catching up with all of the great girls I've had a chance to get to know here in Texas. I appreciated them doing this! It meant a lot to me.

We went up to Horse Shoe Bay Resort for our birthday with 3 other families.  It was a blast!  The kids swam, played in the sand, enjoyed a molten cake from Chili's for our cake, and just some fun family time!  It was a great birthday!  I love my family, and my husband is always good at taking care of us on our birthdays!  I feel so extremely blessed for all my Father in Heaven has given me.  I'm thankful everyday I was able to love and give birth to 4 beautiful kids, that I have the gospel, that I'm married to my very best friend,  and that me and my family are healthy.  I couldn't be more grateful for my life and the life of my handsome little boy Trey.  I look forward to the person he will continue to become over the next few years!!














































No comments: