Friday, October 10, 2014

My sweet Lexi Lou

Every day I am amazed at the spirit my sweet Lexi has in her! I look at her perseverance, drive, sweetness, the understanding of life she has at such a young age, and how in touch she is with the spirit. The last 5 years I have been trying to teach her so many things! Many times feeling like I probably sound like a broken record to her and my other kids, but the past year she is making decisions and choices all in her own, and I can see that she has been listening and more importantly watching me, and others around her! Lexi always wants to do what is right, she has from the time she could walk and talk! She truly has been such an easy girl to raise, but with her spirit comes a lot of responsibility on my end! I know she is looking to me and her dad as her main examples, and all I want is to instill in her qualities of kindness, charity, modesty, hard work, desire to be something, and most importantly to have a close relationship to her savior.

She has had two experiences lately where she stood up and chose to be modest. She told her grandma, "grandma when I put on an immodest swimsuit at my friends house, I knew that I shouldn't be wearing it. I felt the spirit telling me I shouldn't wear that, and I knew it would make you sad, so I took it off and didn't wear it. Even though my friend didn't think it was immodest I knew it was, so I chose not to wear it."

I was so excited to hear this!! I was so proud of her, because she made the choice all on her own. It may not be a big deal to most people, but I want to teach Lexi that she is beautiful being modest, and to always treat her body like a temple:) I just hope I can always set a good example for my children, because I try every day. I don't expect them to do things I am not trying to do myself. I know example is more important than anything I say. I am proud and happy with some of the choices Lexi and Trey are making all on their own! They are trying to live what we have been trying to teach them all these years. I guess they were listening during all of the family home evenings, and talks we've had with them. Hopefully they will continue to listen.



Ashley

No comments: