Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Korver's 4th Birthday


I can't believe this little red headed boy of mine is really 4!  When he was born the nurses and doctors couldn't believe how big he was!! They had a hard time pushing him in the cart to and from the nursery in the hospital.  He was my hardest pregnancy, but I was so happy to hold him in my arms and have him.  Since he has come to our family,  he has brought pure happiness!!  He is super funny, sweet, and has such a zest for life.  He was my busiest toddler, and I thought he might not survive some days, because he'd always wonder off, but luckily he has changed so much since his surgery for tubes and tonsils.  The doctors don't know how long he hadn't been hearing well.  I think that was part of the problem with his wondering off.  I couldn't have a sweeter little boy to keep me company during the day!  He loves to tell me "I love you mommy,  can I have a squish hug, and squish kiss?"  He loves to give other kids hugs and kisses too!! Some of Korvers favorites at the age of 4 are;
Disney Infinity
Going to the movie theater
Being with his family
Being outside on the swing
Chocolate milk 
Going to McDonalds
Loves the story of the Three Little Pigs 
Swimming 
Kids cliff bars (oatmeal)
Anything Disney 
Playing with cars, trucks, race car tracks 
Playing games on the computer

Korver is the peacemaker in our family, and the one that makes everyone laugh.  We love having him around, and he's in a good mood most of the time.  He loves to go to primary, and even though he took me the longest to get potty trained ( I thought I was going to tear my hair out trying to get him to) he finally is!!  He tells me that diapers are for Berkley!  This was a huge milestone in our house.  My older two kids were so easy to potty train, but Korver was not interested.  After he had his surgery, that's when he really got interested.  I guess his surgery was good for a lot of things!! It has been a happy few months in our home having him potty trained! 
I asked Korver what he wanted to do for his birthday, and his only response was, "go to the movie theater!!"  I asked him if he wanted to have a party, and his response was the same.  He LOVES going to the movie theater!!  So for his birthday there wasn't much playing, and between the three choices he chose Legend of Oz.  He was so excited when we got there!  When Korver gets excited it is so much fun!! He brought his friend Norah, and cousin Crew.  He wanted Lego Movie cupcakes for his birthday!! 
For the past 6 months all Korver has been asking for is the Disney Infinity game system, so for his birthday we surprised him with it!! He was SO excited!!  He loves it! I love this little boy. Time is going by way too fast with him!! I love him to pieces and I'm thankful I'm his mom!  I call him my best buddy!  I sing the song from Toy Story to him, "You Got a Friend in Me!" I'm thankful for the bond him and I have!

Korver's surgery 




No comments: