Today I am feeling so thankful I still have my wonderful parents here to share and make memories. I know I should feel very thankful they are still here, and I truly am! I sure don't get to see them as often as I would like, but I'm grateful everyday that I have them. As I get older I realize more and more how much the decisions my parents made while raising their family helped shape my life. The decision they made to take me to church, encourage me to attend girls camp, EFY, seminary, have good friends, work hard in my sports, date good people, work hard at whatever I did in my life, and always encouraging me to make decisions I could look back on without regret. I'm grateful for them and the influence they've been in my life. I'm just very thankful for them and all they continue to do in my life and the lives of my children. They bring such a light into our home whenever they are here visiting! When they leave my kids are always disappointed and sad, along with Cody and I!! I'm thankful they have been able to make it to all the important events in my children's lives and also my own life! That is one thing I always knew, my parents would be to everything I competed in, or anything that was important to me. I knew my dad would be there videoing, or taking lots of pictures! I'm so thankful for this because I have so many wonderful memories through pictures and video because of him. I know it takes a lot of planning and effort, but they are always willing to do it, and there is no doubt their children and grand children are their biggest pride and joy. The other night we were all sitting at the table, and the kids were each taking a turn bearing their testimonies. After they were done my mom said, "Lexi and Trey, when you get to our age you realize that family and the gospel are the only important things." My dad said some sweet words too, and then Cody and I told them how much we loved them, and how grateful we are for our family and testimonies. We each bore short testimonies to them, and shared our feelings about them, the gospel, and listening to your parents. The spirit was so strong in those few minutes, and I'm thankful we were all there to share that sweet moment. One thing I know is that my children are loved by all their grandparents. They have wonderful grandparents, and I'm so thankful to Walt and Jaylene for teaching their son how to be a sweet, honest, loving, and righteous husband, father, and friend. I'm so thankful for them and grateful they are my in laws. Cody is amazing and wonderful. I love him more than I could ever express. He means the world to me, and I couldn't imagine going through life without him. I hope one day I can be as good of a person as he is. I'm thankful I have him as my companion. He's a great dad to our children and loves them so much. They definitely love him to pieces!! It is always sad when my parents leave, but I'm grateful for them and the good relationship we have. You only have one set of parents and there is nobody that will ever love and care for you more than your own parents. I know this as a parent, and I know my parents feel the same way because of all they've done and given up to raise their children.
I'm thankful for all my family, and even though we are all separated, we still have such a close relationship. I love getting random texts of pictures, funny thoughts, and sweet words from all my siblings and in laws. They are all pretty fantastic, and I'm thankful we will be together forever!!
Lexi had such a great baptism. She looked like a little angel on her baptism day. She was SO excited!! After she was baptized she said, "mom, I feel different. I feel a really warm feeling inside." Later that night she said, "mom, I felt the spirit 3 times during my baptism." I'm thankful she made the decision to be baptized, and it's one I know she will never regret. It was such a touching baptism, and it was so awesome her and Jaylie got to share this special day. They both looked beautiful, and I know it's a memory they will remember forever!! Cody and Kip both did such a great job, and gave the girls such beautiful blessings when they were confirmed. I'm thankful for Cody and that he was worthy to baptize Lexi. They have such a special bond, and I loved seeing them hug after he baptized her. It was a great day shared with family and friends!! My sister in law Kajsa and I had fun planning and decorating for their little luncheon they had together.
1 comment:
Thanks for your kind words Ash. It was so fun to be with you in your home. Family nite was so special and when Lexi bore her testimony, I was thinking how blessed I was to raise a daughter like you. You were always a leader and had a desire to do right and make good choices just like Lexi. It is so rewarding to be in our children's homes and see the good things they are teaching their children and being good parents. I love you so much and loved every minute of our visit. It just went by way too fast!
Post a Comment