Lexi turned 8 last month, and I still can't believe my baby girl is 8 years old already!! Where did the time and years go? I can't believe how fast the time is gone, and if I could freeze time I would. I don't want her to grow up. She holds such a special place in my heart. Every time I see her beautiful smile, I remember the little girl in my dream many years ago, who was Lexi. Knowing Lexi's personality now, I know it was her way of reassuring me I would have her one day. She has the biggest heart, and is always worried about how other people feel. Lexi is a blessing to me! She made me a mom for the first time, and has been such a joy to raise. I had a lady tell me a few months ago when she saw me at the grocery store with all my kids, "The days may seem to go by slow some days, but just remember the years go fast." I'm thankful more than I could ever express for the opportunity to be a mom. I'm not perfect at it, but I love my family with my whole heart.
Lexi has been looking forward to turning 8 since she was probably 5. She had her baptism bow picked out almost 2 years ago, and has talked about being baptized for the past year! The past 3 months in sacrament Lexi has been trying really hard to be reverent in sacrament. She told me that she needs to practice being more reverent because when she turns 8 she wants to listen and pay attention and not color! Last fast Sunday she told me she really wanted to fast. A few minutes later she said, "mom, I really want to fast, but I am so starving!" I told her she could start after she was baptized if she wanted to and she was so relieved:) I really don't worry one little bit about Lexi! She has always desired to do what is right, and she is truly a leader. People seem to gravitate to her, and I tell her she needs to always make sure she is a leader for good.
We had been going back and forth if we should take the kids to the open house of the Gilbert Arizona temple. I had gotten tickets in early December for the weekend of Lexi's birthday, because I knew that would be the best birthday present she could get. She had been asking to go back to Arizona the past few months. After talking with Cody we decided it was important for our children to experience being in the temple and seeing the completion of the temple they had been apart of for so long. We saw the whole temple go up, and even angel Moroni go on top. We surprised the kids and took them!!
It was amazing!!! It truly was so beautiful. Our kids thought so too. It had the most impact on Lexi for sure. She was so excited to be there, and said, "mom, this place is so beautiful! It feels good in here." Hearing that made the trip worth it!! That is what we wanted our children to feel and take from this trip. They may never see the inside of a temple again until they are older, so I'm thankful we were able to go. We wanted our children to realize how important, beautiful, and special these amazing temples are. When we were finished going through the temple, Lexi said, "mom, I want a picture of me all by myself in front of the temple to display at my baptism. She said, "I want to get married in this temple, and I really want to come to this temple when I'm m12." I'm so thankful she could feel something different at the temple. I am grateful every single day for temples, and that my family can be sealed for eternity.
Our trip was so much fun! It was so wonderful to see a few of our friends. The Elg's offered to let us stay with them! WE LOVE THEM!! I miss Stephanie so much. She is and always be one of my best friends. She will always hold a special place in my heart. She is one of the sweetest, most giving, and thoughtful people I've ever met. My life is so much better just by knowing her. I hope one day I can be like her:) The hardest part about leaving Arizona was leaving friends and the beautiful temple that was so close. I loved being able to see some of our neighborhood friends, next door neighbor Claudia, some of our church friends, and the Finters. It was so sweet seeing my kids with their friends again. It was like no time had passed at all, and they had such a blast together. It was the same for Cody and I. We loved catching up with everyone, and I'm so thankful for all the wonderful memories we have with them. I'm so thankful for technology, so we can keep in touch and see their cute kids. Everyone loved seeing Berkley, especially the neighbor kids. I'm so thankful they got to meet her. My neighbor Natalie kept trying to think of ways we could stay in Arizona and not go back to Texas:) I love that little girl. Kate the 3 year old has a bit of a crush on Cody and was always asking where he went!!
I'm thankful we were able to go back to Arizona. It was a great trip and it made me realize that even though we are in a new chapter of our life in Texas, we will forever be thankful to our Heavenly Father for taking us to Arizona. I know we are much better people from living there, and our Heavenly Father knew this was where we needed to be, even if it was only for a short 5 1/2 years. That is the great thing about life and our Heavenly Fathers plan. He is in charge, and if we let him be, our lives will be more wonderful, more full, and more blessed than we can ever imagine. I love the quote "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." It's not easy leaving a wonderful place like Arizona and wonderful friends, but I'm thankful for our life right now, and I feel good about being in Texas. As long as I have my family with me, I can be happy anywhere. Thats what is important!
 |
| Lexi's friends sent this to her a day before we came!! They are the cutest |
 |
| Berkley on the plane |
 |
| Everyone loved meeting Berkley |
 |
| Kate and Korver. |
 |
| My eternal mate I'm grateful for everyday |
 |
| Best friends always and forever! |
 |
| My sweet Lexi Kate in front of the temple |
 |
| This is what life is about |
 |
| The Finters |
1 comment:
So glad you got to make the trip! The temple is beautiful and so is your family! What a great experience for the kids. Lexi is a leader. She knows who she is and where she is going.
I miss Stephanie too! You had great neighbors.
Post a Comment