On the day of Berkley's blessing I felt such gratitude, love, and appreciation for all I have. As Cody stood up and gave her a blessing my heart was so full for him, and how he has honored his priesthood in order to be able to give Berkley such a beautiful blessing. He is a good man, and loves his children and family so much. Until I had kids I did not know just how important this was to me, and what a blessing it is in my life to be able to call upon Cody anytime for myself or any of our children for a priesthood blessing. I'm thankful for him, and I'm thankful for the kind of man, father, brother, and friend he is. He is a great example in my life, and in the lives of our children. I'm so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I feel so blessed everyday to have it in my life. I'm so thankful to be able to bless the lives of my children with the power and blessings it brings. I hope they will enjoy the blessings it will bring in their lives, and recognize how blessed they are to have it.
Berkley looked so beautiful the day of her blessing. She looked like a little angel in her white dress. She wore the same blessing dress as Lexi, because I made it from my own wedding dress. It looks like a little miniature version of my dress, and I'm so glad our girls have part of my dress, because my wedding dress holds special meaning to me, and the day I was sealed to Cody. Cody gave Berkley a beautiful blessing, and the spirit was so strong. I hope that all the things he blessed her with will come to pass in her life. Cody was very emotional during the blessing, and Berkley was all smiles the whole day. It was a beautiful blessing, and I could feel the love our Savior has for Berkley. I know she is a valiant spirit to come to the earth at this time, and I'm sure thankful she has been trusted to us. Cody and I say she reminds us both so much of Lexi. She has a little bit of Korver in her, but she's a miniature version of her big sister!! Lexi is so excited about this!! Our kids love her! They are both so proud of her, and every morning Trey wants to come in and lay by her before he goes to school. He will tell me as he heads off to school, "make sure you give Berkley a kiss for me!" Its so sweet! She loves them too, and smiles whenever they talk to her. She brings so much love into our home, and a few weeks ago I was taking the kids to school and I heard Trey say to our neighbor, "sometimes my baby sister can see angels, because she is still so close to heaven."
I'm thankful to have Berkley in our family. She is just what I needed during this transition in life. She gives me peace, I love snuggling her, and Heavenly Father knew I would need her. I love her to pieces, and she melts my heart every time she smiles. She has a dimple on each side, and she has these beautiful blue eyes just like Lexi. I'm so proud of her and I'm so lucky and thankful to be her mom.
I hope she will always know that I have a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and how much I love my Savior. I'm grateful for prayer and the guidance I can receive each day helping me with raising my children. I love this gospel with all of my heart, and I'm thankful everyday I was born to two great parents that lived the gospel and taught us. It has brought so much peace, happiness, and direction in my life. I know I wouldn't be as happy or on the path I am without it. It helps me become a better person, friend, wife, leader, and mother.
It was so fun having my parents and Cody's mom here for her blessing. We always have so much fun with them, and it's always hard when they leave. They are such a blessing and joy to have around. They are the best grandparents, and we are sure grateful for all they do for us and our children. We appreciate them coming so far to be with us and Berkley on her special day.
This was a message I received from a member of our ward the day of Berkley's blessing. I thought it was so sweet and thoughtful. Thank you
I just wanted to tell you what a beautiful blessing that was for Berkeley today. I could feel the love The Lord had for her. It made me recognize the love He has for me to. It was tangible and inspiring. I feel blessed I was among the congregation today to experience that tender exchange. I hope it was a joyous day for you and your cute family




3 comments:
Great thoughts and pictures! You all look wonderful. I didn't know that she was blessed on Grandma's birthday. What a special day for everyone, especially little Berkley. She is a lucky girl to be born into a great, righteous family! That's a rarity now-a-days. I read the news and so many little children don't stand a chance with the situations they are born into. Heavenly Father is grateful for good parents like you and Cody.
We were so lucky to be there for the special day. Cody gave her the most beautiful blessing. She does look like a little angel. The pictures are so great of all the kids! Love you little Berkley!
So thankful we were there for Berkley's special day. She looked so beautiful and the note from the lady in your ward says it all. Cody did a beautiful job.
Post a Comment