I can't believe some days that we really have four kids. Cody and I sometimes look at each other and say, "we really have 4 little people to take care of and love." Seems like yesterday we were starting out our journey together, and looking back on all we've experienced together, and the births of each one of our kids is so neat to think about. I feel pretty complete with our family of 6, and it's so fun watching all of them together. I'm thankful they have each other, because I couldn't imagine life without my own siblings.
Berkley's birth story;
My doctor wanted to induce me a week early because I have such big babies. I wasn't against doing this, especially because the past 9 months of my pregnancy had been filled with so much craziness with our move, and selling our practice! I was excited to know when she would enter this world, and not have to worry when she would arrive. We all couldn't wait to meet her, especially Lexi!! On Friday August 9, 2013 we drove to St. Davids hospital in Georgetown Texas to have our little girl!! I felt so ready and I told Cody since this is most likely our last baby I wanted to try going natural without an epidural. He asked me a few times if I was sure, and I said I was. It was rough I'm not going to lie. I think I enjoyed my births with the epidural, but I was glad I had the experience of having a natural birth without medicine at least once. I was only in labor from 7 am to 11:49 when she was born. The doctor who delivered Berkley was Dr. Mahaffey. He also delivered two of Berkley's cousins, Jaylie and Crew. It's pretty cool that all 3 were delivered by the same doctor. The labor was pretty short over all but very painful. It was so great meeting Berkley for the first time. She had a full head of dark hair just like the rest of her siblings, and she looked very similar to the rest of the kids at birth. Everyone kept commenting on her hair, because she had so much. She was born at a healthy 7 pounds 15 ounces. Cody jokes she would've been over 8 pounds but she wet a bunch before they put her on the scale. She was perfect, and we were so thankful. I'm so thankful she is here, and even though I'm feeling very tired, we're so thankful Berkley is here and part of our family.
I think my realtor in Texas said it the best, "this little girl is going to be a good baby. She has stayed put until her home was complete, and never given you any problems with all your moving." I think that is so true, because my mom was worried with all the moving and craziness in our life that Berkley would be born early, but she wasn't. She is a blessing to our family, and we sure love her.















2 comments:
What a little doll! And props to you for going natural! So happy for you guys. Your PJs look so comfy. :)
what a great journal for Berkley about her birth day. She is blessed to have an angel who cares so much about her and loves being her Mom. She is adorable and so thankful she is healthy and so loved.
Post a Comment