Trey has had a great year and is really developing into his own unique self the past year. He has loved preschool, and looks forward to being with his friends each week. He is all about his friends right now, and wants to be with them all the time if he can!! He loves to have responsibility, and takes a lot of pride in the things he does. He always wants to do his best, and when he doesn't, he gets a little frustrated!! He got the award for the best artist at preschool. His teacher would always tell me throughout the year how impressed she was how much time Trey took coloring his pictures. When Trey colors he doesn't like to go outside of the lines, and is pretty fussy about all of his preschool homework. Trey will always tell me, "mom, I'm always the last one done with my coloring because I don't like to scribble. Is that ok?" I tell him it's better to take your time and do it right, than have to re due it later. Mrs. Buffy said Trey is definitely ready for kindergarten!! That made me so happy!
They do a green, yellow, and red card system at preschool. Trey stayed on green the entire year at preschool, and was so proud of himself. I was so proud of his behavior that I took him to Toys R Us and told him he could get the Dino Bot he'd been wanting for a few months!! He was so excited!!
Trey loves sports, doing flips, playing with his friends, going to the toy store as much as I'll take him, getting a treat at the store, swimming, coloring, and being with his brother and sister. He tells me almost daily, "Korver is the cutest baby in the whole world." He really does like Korver, but he doesn't like how much Korver likes all of his toys! Korver loves all of Treys stuff, and because Trey likes his stuff neat and tidy he's always on the look out for Korver!!
A few weeks ago Trey was really worried about his new baby sister. He was worried she might make bad choices when she grew up, and I explained that's why he needs to set a good example as the big brother! That night in family prayer his whole prayer was about his baby sister. He said, "please help my baby sister she will never do drugs, smoke, or get tattoos!" He was really serious too, so it was cute! He's actually prayed the same thing for her a few other times since then. I think it was then that I realized why Trey was sent as the oldest brother. He is always looking out for his family, and is very protective of all of us! One day some kids thought Korver was cute in the pool, and they kept talking about him, but Trey took it as making fun of Korver. He came up to me and said, "mom, I don't like that those boys are talking about my baby brother." Trey is the kind of brother that will defend his siblings, and I love that about him.
This year Trey has really enjoyed soccer! He is pretty gifted at gymnastics, but I think he gets bored because he says he likes the fast sports!! He loves to run, so when I asked him if he wanted to do baseball he said, "baseball is kind of boring mom. All you do is stand there. I would rather do soccer!" He seems to really like soccer, and basketball right now. In soccer this year he got the award for the fastest runner and hardest kicker!! When the teacher was describing the award all the kids shouted, "Trey" when she asked who they thought it was.
I'm excited for the Trey and his future. I know he came to this earth with a strong personality for a reason, and it's up to Cody and I to help teach him what he needs to be a strong leader! One thing about Trey is he may seem really tough, but when you listen to him say his prayers your heart melts. He gives the most heartfelt and sweet prayers! It's pretty amazing to hear, and sometimes the things he says are a little unexpected, but so genuine and sweet. I'm really proud of him, and he asked me the other day, "mom, maybe I will meet my wife in Texas!" He's so funny!!
| Trey's field trip to the fire station |
| Soccer awards at his coaches house |





1 comment:
Congrats Trey! We are so proud of you!! What a handsome little guy you are. I love your soccer picture. You definitely got your artistic ability from your Dad! My fifth grad teacher always told us "Any job worth doing, is worth doing well" so good for you for taking the time to do it right! Looking and acting like your Uncle Todd is a compliment. He turned out pretty darn good! We love you Trey!!
Post a Comment