Lexi hugged my mom so tight, and had such a big smile on her face!!! She was SO excited, and her excitement has never faded! Cody was so emotional and I could see him cry when they announced the news. It was emotional for me as well. I was so excited to get another daughter!!
Nothing can take the place of these moments in life. They happen once and I'm grateful we had some of the most important people to share it with us:) I'm so lucky to be a mom, and to be able to watch this little person inside of you is such a sacred, and amazing time in life. You forget about the sickness, and you can see this little person that's a creation of Cody and I:) Its such a great time!
I had another big ultrasound last week to check the baby for any abnormalities. I get so nervous for these tests, because you know it can change your life in a matter of minutes. The ultrasound tech said she had not had a more cooperative and perfect baby in a long time. She kept commenting what a beautiful profile our baby had, and how well she was cooperating to get great pictures for the doctor to see :) I'm so anxious to hold and meet our little girl!
I got good news today that everything looked great from the ultrasound, and our baby was healthy. It's always such a huge relief when you hear that news.
Back in the fall of 2012 I kept getting a strong prompting it was time to have another baby. I was a little hesitant to act on this prompting because I knew some big changes would be in store for our family in early 2013. I remember praying very heartfelt prayers to my Heavenly Father during this time, and asking him for strength if I was to try and get pregnant. I knew that in order to get through all that was ahead of us, being really sick with my pregnancy, and still being a mom and wife, I would need his strength to make the way as smooth as possible. I get emotional thinking about all the many blessings that we have been blessed with the last few months. His hand has been very clear in our lives the last 6 months, and I know because I was willing to bring this special baby girl into the world, he has made things go smoothly with all the changes we are going through right now. We are all so excited to meet this sweet baby! I know she is a special daughter, and anxious to join our family. It didn't matter how many times you would ask Korver if he was having a baby brother or sister, he would always say, "a sister." Trey said, "our sister has been waiting a long time to get her turn to come." Lexi wants to look at the baby center at least twice a week to see what her sister looks like. She comes to every doctors appointment with me, and can't wait to dress her sister :)
I'm thankful to be a mom, and my kids and husband mean everything to me!! I love them more than anything, and waking up to their sweet faces is the best part of my day!! I feel so extremely blessed to have them. My life would be so empty without them.
I would choose being a mom over any of the worldly things out there. It is important to be home with my kids, because this time in life happens only once. I'm thankful for this time with them. It' very tiring and demands a lot, but I'm thankful I'm right where I'm at, and there is no place I would rather be:)
| baby Lincoln |


2 comments:
Ash that was so fun to be there with you to share the exciting news! I will never forget the look on Lexi's face either! She was so thrilled and so was I. I am sure she will be beautiful, as all of your other children are and I can't wait to meet her! I am so grateful that my girls and daughter-in-laws get to stay home with their children. What a blessing for those cute grandkids. No wonder they are all so extraordinary!!! Love you and take care of yourself with all the crazy changes going on.
I'm so happy for you guys. Girls are so great. I'm reminded of a quote from President Hinckley from one of my favorite talks of his:
"As a father, do I love my daughters less than I love my sons? No. If I am guilty of any imbalance, it is in favor of my girls. I have said that when a man gets old he had better have daughters about him. They are so kind and good and thoughtful. I think I can say that my sons are able and wise. My daughters are clever and kind. And “my cup runneth over” (Ps. 23:5) because of this."
You're a great Mom. Take care of yourself during these next few months to ensure your health and that of your sweet baby girl!
Post a Comment