Sunday, September 23, 2012

Trey turns 5 / starts Pre-K

     As I think back to when my little baby boy was born I remember so clearly the morning I was getting ready to go to the hospital to have him.  I started having contractions about 4 am on the morning of my birthday, and I remember selfishly thinking, "I can't have this baby on my birthday, and my mom will be devastated if she misses his birth."  My mom was flying in the next day, so I kept thinking I could hold off having him for another day, but by 6:30 am I knew Trey was going to be born on September 14th no matter what!!  As I was getting a few things together for Lexi  so she could stay with my friend Stefani,  I sat down on our apartment stairs and cried.  Cody put his arm around me and asked me what was wrong, and reassured me everything was going to be ok.  I remember feeling scared, and having this guilty feeling that I couldn't love another baby like Lexi.  It hit me that this was the last time she was going to be our only child, and I was scared how I was going to love two babies so much.
     As I've always learned, Heavenly Father knows the big picture WAY better than I do.  I will always be grateful for that, because his way has always been better than my way, and I really have learned to trust him, because things always work out.
      I will always be grateful my beautiful little boy was born on September 14, 2007, and that we will forever share a birthday.  It's our special day, and its not just about me anymore, it's about both of us, and every year it has been so much fun celebrating it with him.  I love him so much, and I can't imagine our family without him.  As I think about when he came into this world, I remember how handsome he was, how much love Cody and I had for him, and how excited Cody was to have a son :).  He was beautiful, and perfect in every way.  I've known many times that we share a birthday for a reason.  Trey has grown into such a loving, strong, smart, and kind little boy. He takes so much pride in the things he does, loves his hair to be combed, teaches himself new things, and loves to be outside.  He is ALL boy, and if you try and give him a pink or purple plate, or cup he doesn't want it.  He's growing into a good leader, brother, friend, and athlete.  In his prayers he always prays that he will do the things that are right :).
      I tell him he's the man of the house when Cody's gone, and he really loves when I say that.  I'm thankful for all the hard times as well as the happy times we've had since he was a baby.  I think back to his first year of life,  and during that time there were many moments I just wanted to give up because he had colic so bad, and everyday was so hard.  As the years go by those memories seem to fade a little bit, and I would do it all over again just to have him.  I'm grateful we both survived that year, and I have a handsome brown eyed boy that I love to pieces.

Some things that Trey loves right now is going golfing with Cody! He wants to go every weekend and he loves it!  I love that the two of them have so much fun together and it's such a bonding time for them.  Trey is also into transformers, legos, avenger characters, playing outside, and performing his new flips and tricks he's taught himself.

     Trey has been so excited to start Pre-K.  If I call it preschool he is quick to remind me it's pre-k.  He hasbeen anxious to learn to read like Lexi, and pick out of the treasure box.  Every day so far he comes home excited to tell me he has stayed on green!! Green is good, yellow is ok, and red is bad!  I love his teacher Mrs. Buffie, and I'm grateful for all she is teaching him.  I can't believe he is really 5. The time goes by so fast, and when they say your children grow up right before you eyes it's so true.  I hope Trey will always know we are proud of him, and we are thankful we were chosen to be his parents:)

These pictures are of Trey on his first day of pre-K.  He loves riding with his friends to school!!






2 comments:

NAT said...

What a sweet tribute. Happy belated birthday to you, Trey! I think it's cool that you two share the same birthday. He's such a good kid.

Anonymous said...

Trey,
I will never forget driving around Bear Lake parking lot about 25 times to try to get you to sleep! You were testing us to see just how much we loved you! I was very sad not to make it for your birth, but what an honor to share your birthday with your beautiful Mom!! You are a smart, handsome, and fun little guy and we love you to pieces!