Every year Cody usually gives me flowers, but this year he surprised me with a Cold Stone cake!! I have never tried one, and he heard me mention a few times how good they look. It was really sweet, and so yummy!! Lexi had been telling me all week she had a surprise for me, and did not want me to find out what it was until Mother's Day. She was so excited to give me the gift she had made, and Trey made me a dinosaur card:). The kids filled out a questionnaire that was all about me, and it was hilarious to hear their responses. I want to do this every year on Mother's and Father's day to hear how their responses change over the years.
During church we had a tender moment with Lexi. She was smelling the corsage Cody bought her during sacrament, when she leaned over to me and said, "mom, this smells just like aunt Stacy! Don't you remember this is how she smelled?" I was really touched that she remembered how Stacy smelled:).
I'm grateful for my mom and mother in law. Cody and I both know our mom's gave 100% when it came to being a mom, and there is no doubt that they love their children so much. I'm thankful for the way Jaylene raised Cody, and the kind of man she taught him to be. We love them both so much.
Being a good mom is a hard thing to do, and even if you make mistakes along the way, it's so rewarding to look at your children and know they are a creation of you. I'm thankful for all the wonderful role models I have in my life that show me how to be a better mom. My kids mean the world to me, and I'm so lucky to be their mom.
My dad called me on Mother's day, and even though I'm almost 32 years old it still means so much to me. He reminded me that the most important work I will ever do is with my own children. He also told me to remember that even though I'm so busy with little ones, this is the best time of your life, and you will never get these years back. I love that my dad loves us so much, and he sure loves his grandkids:). I have a wonderful dad, and I'm thankful for his advice and love.
My dad called me on Mother's day, and even though I'm almost 32 years old it still means so much to me. He reminded me that the most important work I will ever do is with my own children. He also told me to remember that even though I'm so busy with little ones, this is the best time of your life, and you will never get these years back. I love that my dad loves us so much, and he sure loves his grandkids:). I have a wonderful dad, and I'm thankful for his advice and love.
All About Mom (Trey 4 years old)
My mom is 16 years old
She likes to play with her friends.
The best thing she cooks is noodles.
Her favorite food is shakes.
Her favorite thing to do to relax is watch tv.
We like to lay and watch a movie together.
She is really good at volleyball.
As you can see, my mom is special because she is beautiful.
All About Mom (Lexi 6 years old)
My mom is 31 years old.
She likes to spend time with us.
The best thing she cooks is french toast.
Her favorite food is sushi.
Her favorite thing to do to relax is sit on the couch.
We like to go on dates together.
She is really good at volleyball.
As you can see, my mom is special because she helps me learn.
My mom is 16 years old
She likes to play with her friends.
The best thing she cooks is noodles.
Her favorite food is shakes.
Her favorite thing to do to relax is watch tv.
We like to lay and watch a movie together.
She is really good at volleyball.
As you can see, my mom is special because she is beautiful.
All About Mom (Lexi 6 years old)
My mom is 31 years old.
She likes to spend time with us.
The best thing she cooks is french toast.
Her favorite food is sushi.
Her favorite thing to do to relax is sit on the couch.
We like to go on dates together.
She is really good at volleyball.
As you can see, my mom is special because she helps me learn.
![]() |
| This is the poem I gave to my mom and mother in law. |


3 comments:
Iam glad you had a happy mothers day! You deserve it! You are an amazing mom and such a great example to me! Your kids are so smart and you have taught them so well!
So glad that you got pampered on Mothers Day. Cody is very thoughtful. You are a wonderful Mom and you can tell that you genuinely love your calling as a Mom. I love the questionaires. They always cracked me up! Thank-You for that poem. I love it! I am very thankful to be your Mom! My life was blessed to have you for my beautiful daughter and my friend. You look so pretty in your yellow dress. Love You
Happy belated Mother's Day! That was such a neat comment Lexi made about Stacy. It's funny how smells remind us of different people and/or places. I love those poems and the questionnaire. My kids filled out one similar at their school. Chloe thought I was 2-years-old and Emma thought I was, like, 50. Good times.
Post a Comment