I feel like the past 9 months of my life I've experienced the biggest change in my attitude of life, what's most important in life, and how important it is to try and find the joy in life every day!! I've realized and seen first hand how quickly life can change, and it's about trying to see what Heavenly Father wants to me learn, what he needs of me, or what he needs me to become so I can help others I come in contact with. My definition of a hero has changed so much the past year. A hero to me is good strong mother's, true friends, those who give service unselfishly, and those people that are happy with life no matter if they have a physical disability, financial struggles, or a handicap. I had a rough last week feeling bad because I have lived so far away from my family all these years, feeling a little overwhelmed with my church callings, and just plain feeling in a funk. I hate when I'm feeling that way, but I got two calls that helped me realize Heavenly Father knows me, needs me in the callings I have, and I had a chance to serve in the home of a girl who has terminal cancer at only 21. Her family is so neat, kind, and she is such a beautiful girl. I can't help but think that may be our family one day, and we need to take hold of today, enjoy it, love each other, and find something that makes us smile each day. It stinks so bad going through trials in life, but looking back on this past year I really feel that going through trials is the only way we are pushed to grow in ways we didn't think we could. I look up to my sister and sister in law for how they've handled this past year. I know some days they may feel like they are just hanging on, but they do it, and help so many other people to realize they can get through hard things too. We may have good days, bad days, but if we just keep hanging on, having faith, and believing that things happen for a reason we will be ok. Life is so precious, and I'm thankful for service. I really believe it helps everybody, especially the person giving it.
Please keep my two sweet nieces Sofia, and Jaylie in your prayers. They are two of the sweetest and most beautiful girls, and we wish the best for both of them!
 |
| My little niece called this Sofia's cowgirl outfit:) I think she looks adorable |
 |
| This was taken last Christmas of the two girls together when they came to Arizona to visit |
3 comments:
You are so right about service! It makes you forget yourself and you always meet those with more difficult trials than your own. I know my life has been touched for good by the time I spent in the NICU with Sofia. It was an experience I will not forget and I gained such a great appreciation for those NICU nurses. She and Jaylie must have a special mission because I am sure Jaylie has touched many lives with her positive attitude , as has Sofia with her extra sweet spirit!
Thanks Ash for the post! I needed it! Life is busy but it is such a GOOOOOOOD busy and I need to be more greatful for the blessings I have been given FOR SURE! Love ya SIS! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.
What a good post!! Thanks for sharing your feelings. Lexi looks adorable with her missing teeth. Must be nice to have a good class for her in kindergarten. Ty and his 3 friends are the only good ones in his class!
Post a Comment