Monday, October 3, 2011

Korver 15 months

It's been a long time since I did an update about Korver, and he has changed so much the last few months. I say this a lot but Korver is my little piece of Heaven on earth. I love him so much, and could snuggle his chubby cheeks all day long.  I just want him to stay as sweet and innocent as he is now.  As Cody said the other day "I just can't imagine our family without Korver, what if we would have only had two kids?" I think this is so true, and once you have your children it feels like they have been a part of your family forever. Before I had Korver, I knew without a doubt we were supposed to have another baby. Whenever I was at the temple, or any place where I could feel the spirit, it was confirmed to me many times there was another spirit waiting.   I am so sad Korver is getting so big, but watching him grow has brought me so much joy! His deep voice, his sweet smile, his big brown eyes, the way he laughs, and his chunky little legs toddling all over the house with me.  He is my little pal, and I love every second of being a mom to him.  He never gives us any trouble, and he will let me snuggle him forever (which I love).  He is definitely my Korver bug, and I love him to pieces.  
Whenever Cody picks him up he pats Cody's back.) It is the cutest thing, and when Cody walks through the door Korver is usually in his high chair eating, and keeps making sounds until Cody tells him hello. It is so cute.  Before you have kids you don't realize how much your heart can stretch, and I'm so thankful that our family will be together no matter what. I'm grateful to have this blessing if I keep my part, and there isn't anything I'm more thankful for.  I couldn't imagine not being with my kids forever, and they teach me so much everyday, and make me want to be better for their sake. 
At 14 months (one week after Bear Lake) Korver decided he was going to walk!! Watching his chubby legs toddle around is hilarious!! He LOVES music, and will bounce to the music in the car, and at home. He loves when the kids have dance parties, and when I put Barney songs on my phone. He understands the word Barney, and when you say it, he goes over to the TV, points, and does his baby jabber and gets the remote.  He loves it when I put on the barney movies! Korver is still a BIG milk lover!! Since Korver drinks at least 1/4 gallon of milk a day, and eats great, the doctor told us we didn't need to use Vitamin D with him. The only time Korver gets upset is if he doesn't get his milk first thing in the morning. He waits by the fridge until he gets it. He loves frosted mini wheats, pancakes, yogurt, ice cream, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cheese, ice cream, and cheeseburgers. He will eat anything you give him, except things with weird textures.  When he really likes something he says "mmm." 
His favorite thing is reading books (he sits by the book basket about 90% of the day bringing you books, and looking at them), being outside, but you have to watch him because he can climb up anything, and can do it really fast. He loves to explore and is a very curious little boy.  He loves balls,  pushing buttons, climbing the slide, stairs, chairs, and opening our shutters every morning.  Without fail he walks around the house and opens the shutters in the morning, and if you close them he will walk back over and open them back up. He is so funny. 
You can't understand a lot of what Korver is saying but he LOVES to talk! He jabbers and talks to you all day long.  He knows what he is saying but we don't quite yet.  He likes to fold his arms for the  prayer, and has to have a story before bed every night. He will whine and cry if you don't!! 
If I could describe Korver in one word it would be lovable! He brings so much love to our family, and we love him so much.








Korver enjoying his food! He LOVES to eat!! 

a little fuzzy, but he loves Trey's light saber's from Star Wars. He tries to carry both of them around with him

Giving Lexi a love

Cody had football turned on and even though no one was in the room Korver climbed up on the couch all by himself and was sitting there watching it. It was hilarious 

He loves being washed off in the sink after he eats 

1 comment:

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Korver really is the best little guy! He has perfect hair and these perfect chubby features! You cant look at him and just want to squish him to death!!! He is such a sweet little guy!! Way to go on walking korver!! Everytime I think of korver I feel like I need to call him worver!!! Love him!!!