Friday, September 16, 2011

Trey turns 4, I turn 31!!

I can't believe that Trey is really  4! It seems like only yesterday he was this darling little baby with a full head of black thick hair. He has always been the most handsome little boy, a spit image of his uncle Todd, a tender heart,  such a zest for life, and lots of energy.  He has always had a special bond with his grandpa Bob, and my dad was always so great to take Trey as a baby, and now that he is bigger Trey is definitely grandpa Bob's side kick.  When we had to leave Bear Lake a few weeks ago, Trey got big crocodile tears in his eyes and said, "I don't want to leave, I want to stay here with grandma and grandpa."  He loves them so much, and they are so good to make Trey feel special,  take him for lots of treat rides (which he LOVES), take him on endless 4-wheeler rides, and he just knows without a doubt that they love him to pieces!!

Trey has really taught me unconditional love. He had such a hard first year of life (him and I both), and that year I think I really learned how much love a mom has for her baby, and all they give up and do because how much they love their child.  I wish it could have been an easier first year of life for him, but when you have a baby with Colic you are both in survival mode.  Once he grew out his colic he has been a really happy boy. He has a very tender heart and if you hurt his feelings he will act so tough, but then he breaks down. Trey is my little sidekick. He loves to help me cook, we love to do puzzles together, play dough, read books, play games, and whenever Lexi is at school he always asks me to lay by him.  He loves to give me hugs whenever he wakes up, and last week before he started preschool he told me he just wanted to stay home with me and Korver and not go to preschool.  I love that he wants to be with his family. I want what is best for Trey, and I know if I can try to teach him, be patient with him, and point out the good things he is doing he is going to grow up to do great things.  I'm thankful for Trey because I have really had to learn that Heavenly Father is a partner in helping me raise my kids, and I need his help.  I'm thankful for Trey because he has helped me realize that all kids are not the same, and some of the answers I've received to prayers have really helped him, and had I not asked for help I would never of thought of doing certain things that have helped all my kids.  I'm so thankful Trey is our little boy, and I needed him to come to our family to help me become a better mom, and realize what a huge responsibility I have in raising my children.  I know Trey is a special little spirit, and I need to always remember what an important job I have everyday.  He is such a lovable little guy.

A few of Treys favorite things are; the Dollar Store (he literally wants to go there everyday), swimming (he is such a fish),  being outside on the swing set, jumping on the tramp, riding his bike, treats, any kind of fruit, playing with his friend Austin, riding 4-wheelers, rolling down the window in the car so the wind can blow in his face, sticking his head out the sunroof, motorcycles (he tells me that he's going to have one when he's a teenager), snuggling, watching movies (He LOVES movies), helping me make things, coloring, painting, doing puzzles, transformers, animals, going to McDonalds, playing with his cousins, his grandparents (he loves them), loves it when you tell him he's a good boy, loves it when Cody has the day off (he asks Cody almost everyday if he has to work tomorrow).

Trey is a very smart little boy, and sometimes I'm amazed at the things he knows. His preschool teacher commented on the first day of school how meticulous Trey is about his work.  She said, "he loves his work to look neat, and takes a lot of time coloring his pictures, when the other kids just want to hurry and get it done."  He definitely takes pride in the things he does, and he gets so frustrated when something looks messy, or not right.

I love my little guy, and I'll always be happy we share our birthday! Mom and dad are so proud of you Trey, and we love you more than you will ever know. Thanks for your handsome smile everyday, and being such a good big brother to Korver! We are grateful you love him so much.

For Treys birthday I tried to make it all about him!! He said all he wanted for his birthday was his grandparents :(.  He didn't mention a party, so I told him that I would take him to do lots of fun stuff for his birthday.  Since there are two of us with birthdays we decided to get all the free birthday restaurant stuff! It was so fun! We started the day off at Chick fil a with a free breakfast, then we went to Baskin Robins later that day for our free ice cream cones,  then to Red Robin for dinner for a free meal!  Trey wanted a fruit cake, so it was a win win for both of us.  I told Trey I would do whatever he wanted, so we spent the afternoon while Lexi was at school doing play dough, finger painting, and doing puzzles. He had such a fun day, and I had fun celebrating with him.   He got a new bike, some swords, guns, a neat school album and clothes (from grandma and grandpa Smith),  money (from grandma and grandpa Nielson), and a light saber.  He has been wanting a REAL light saber (from Star Wars) for a few months, so when he got his birthday money from grandma Jaylene he knew exactly what he wanted to spend it on!! That is all he wanted, and he wanted the blue one (the good guy has the blue one I guess).  I'm glad he had such a good birthday, and when we asked Trey what he wished for he said "grandma."
A BIG thanks  to his grandparents (and both of our parents), cousins, aunts, uncles, Cody, and friends for spoiling us! We both felt so loved and we have such great friends and family!  We both loved our presents, but most of all I just loved seeing Trey so excited and happy. That alone made my birthday GREAT!
Happy 4th birthday Trey and happy 31st to me!! I'm so glad to share a birthday with you!!

a few fun pictures of us together!

eating at chick fil a

He LOVED using his new finger paints!! 

The lemon cupcakes he picked out to make for his birthday treat at preschool! 

a few of his presents

Waking up to open presents 


he really did have fun, but his expression is hilarious 

Trey got the golden oreo ice-cream! It was really good! I got the french toast



Red Robin



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Trey and Ash... Happy Birdthday! I am sad we didn't get to talk on your b-days but it looked like a busy day but the kids loved leaving the message anyways! Trey you are so darn handsome and such a lovable little guy! Ash what a beautiful mom you are and what a fun thing to share a birthday with such a handsome sweet little guy! When we turn 16 he has to take you out on his first date! :) Together on your b-days!

Anonymous said...

Trey, you just keep getting more handsome by the day! You definitely got your Mom's beautiful eyes. We sure wish we could have been with you on your birthday. It looks like you had a great day together. You sure were a ton of fun at Bear Lake. We love you so much. Happy Birthaday to you too Ash! You look beautiful and you will never have a birthday gift that will top the little Treyster! Glad you had such a fun day. Trey is a funny, handsome, special little guy!

AZ Finters said...

What a fun day! Happy birthday you two!

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

HAppy birthday you 2!!! HOw fun to share your special day!!! I am glad Cody took you on a fun getaway, still disappointed he didnt bring you to las vegas!! I think a weekend away keeps the marriage counselor away!!! Good for you guys!! Ash you are a beautiful mom! Your kids are so lucky to have you as their mom! Trey Iam glad you had such a fun day! Youre such a handsome little man!! I am glad he is being so good in school!! Way to go!