Friday, September 16, 2011

Trey starts preschool


"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware 

that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly

 cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles 

and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon 

and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly" -

Thomas S Monson


I loved this quote when I read it.   I know I will miss all the things that keep me so busy with 3 young kids, because when Lexi and Trey are both at school I miss them so much and the house seems so quiet for that short period of time.  I feel like when I am enjoying motherhood, having a positive attitude about being a mom, and doing all I can to teach my children, I feel like I enjoy the journey of motherhood so much more,  and I see all the incredible blessings there are to being a mom.   I worry about my kids all the time, I worry if I'm teaching them enough, if they will get sick with something, if I will lose one of them,  if they will ever try drugs, or alcohol, if they will always have a strong testimony, be kind to others, etc.  At the end of the day I know it is ME that benefits from raising these special kids, and if I do my best and put them first, the Lord will be my partner with what may be lacking.  I love being a mom, and I try not to take my time for granted with my little ones. I can't imagine when all the handprints, dirty laundry, tucking my kids into bed at night, and telling them stories are gone.  One thing I know is that I love my kids with my whole heart, and I hope that I can do them justice as a mom and raise them how they need to be raised. 


Trey started preschool last week, and he has been so excited to have Mrs. Buffie just like Lexi. She is a great teacher, and we love her!! Trey told me before he started that he just wanted to stay at home with me, but after his first day he keeps asking if preschool is tomorrow everyday. He only goes twice a week for an hour and a half, but he LOVES it.  The first day the teacher pulled me aside and said, "Trey is very meticulous about his work. He takes his time, and wants his coloring pages to look just right, with no white showing through. The other kids just want to finish their pages as quick as they can."  She couldn't believe how well he colored, and said what a good little boy he was.  That made me feel good to know that Trey does take pride in his work.  He loves to color, paint, do puzzles, and just about everything else with his hands.  I know he's going to love preschool, and he loves going with his friend Rex.  When I picked him up the first day they were all holding the rope to come outside, and I got a little choked up because I can't believe he is getting so big.


  






Giving the thumbs up sign

He loves to do the I love you sign to me






2 comments:

Unknown said...

TREY............ you are getting so big and so handsome! We love you and you will do great in Preschool! Looks like fun! I am putting off putting tarter sauce in pre school because i just don't want to think he is old enough yet... i don't want them to get big! I love the quote you put on here from President Monson... and since i have glass doors right when you walkinto my house on the office I am constantly wiping them away... but that quote made me think maybe they are okay to stay! :)

Anonymous said...

That quote is the most true statement ever written! These years are going to fly by and you will realize that they are the BEST days of your life. I still don't like the empty nest and it has been 8 years!! Trey will love preschool and that is great that he takes so much pride in his work!