We were all counting down to Bear Lake this year!! The kids couldn't wait to see there cousins, and everyday they would ask how many more days it was until we went on the airplane. I love how excited my kids get to spend time with their cousins, and I think since we've always lived so far away they really do cherish the time they get to spend with them. I couldn't wait to have Cody with us for a week, see all my family, and hang out on the beach. I love my family so much, and they are such a fun group of people! There is never a shortage of jokes, laughs, talks, and great memories. We are always busy doing something, and as my sister in law put it a few years ago, "being with your family feels like we're at fat camp, because we're always hiking, going on walks, or doing something." It is so true, but we have so much fun!!
The kids got a long so good this year, and it was actually a really easy week with 15 grandkids under 6! It has been fun but a little chaotic the last couple of years because we all had such young babies, but this year the kids could swim by themselves (most of them), so we could actually sit out by the pool and talk. The kids are best of friends, and you can tell when they are together they all have such a strong bond. We have such a huge mixture of personalities, but they love each other's company. When you see all of them together you get a little emotional. It was so great having Sofia with us this year, and the kids all loved her. I'm thankful that my sister brought her up, because I have a whole new respect for her, and all she does with little Sofia. I am so thankful to have 15 healthy, happy, and special kids in our family. My siblings are all doing such a great job of raising their kids, and I miss seeing them more often. You love all of your nieces and nephews just like your own. You would do anything for them, and I'm a little partial but they are all so stinkin cute!!
We really had such a great week, and I'm so thankful for my amazing parents who work so hard to make sure we all get together at least once a year. We have such a great time together, and without there hard work, and loving their grandkids so much this would never happen. So I just want to give a big THANK YOU to two of the best parents I could ask for. Your grandkids know they are loved when they are around you, and you are so good to get down and really play with them. Those are memories that will never ever be forgotten. Thanks for the memories, and Bear Lake will always hold such a special place for us.
We did have one scary thing happen on the last day at Bear Lake. Lexi fell from the very top of the 8 ft slide. She got a concussion, and we were worried we would have to take her in for a CT scan. Cody and Eric gave her a blessing, and she seemed to be ok the next day. I'm so thankful she was ok, and like my older brother said, "Lexi had a guardian angel with her today, because she should've broken a bone at least." I had a really strong impression to pray that our family would be safe on this trip the day we were leaving Evanston, and when this happened I knew why. I'm just glad she was ok, and we were able to come back from the trip all in one piece.
Trey was so heart broken to leave, when we left he had big crocodile tears and said, "I don't want to leave, I want to stay here with grandma and grandpa." My mom just broke down when he was so heartbroken. He was upset most of the ride back to grandma Jaylene's. It made Cody and I so sad, but we are thankful he really loves being with his cousins and grandparents. It was so great to go and spend a day with grandma Jaylene, and Brandins family before we headed home. Our trips to Utah are always too short, we never get to see everyone we want to, we leave exhausted, but with great memories!!!
I truly look at my family and feel so blessed for the wonderful examples I have in every single one of them. They are amazing and I love them SO very much!! I'm thankful to parents who gave up so much to raise us, because we all have such a tight bond, and I'm so thankful for all my family.
Funny moment of the week!! Korver and Stella had just woken up and were standing in their pack n plays. They were in the same room, and all the sudden Stella says, "lay down rorver, lay down!" Stella can talk so well, but we couldn't stop laughing every time she called him Rorver. She loved to boss Korver around, and he would just look at her. It was hilarious. They were so cute!
Highlight of the trip was seeing my older brother Ryker after 3 years!! Yes, it's really been that long, and he is just as funny as ever, and brought Trey the cutest Blazer shorts, that he absolutely loves and wants to wear every day. What a great trip!!
 |
| OUR FOREVER FAMILY |
Hanging out at the beach
 |
| TY |
 |
| Brody |
 |
| Chan and Trey (two peas in a pod) |
 |
| Cody and I getting killed on the tube! We took a beating |
 |
| My brothers |
 |
| Jay and Hallee |
 |
| I LOVE this picture |
 |
| my little girl |
 |
| Korver loved grandma, he thought she was a crack up |
 |
| Korver and Stella |
 |
| These two enjoyed the tube, eating a little sand, and getting lots of goodies they normally don't get!! |
 |
| This was NOT a two person jet ski. I'm laughing b/c we can't balance, and I'm about to go into the freezing cold water! |
HORSE RIDING
The last two years we've been able to go to one of Rikki's good family friends land. They have horses, chickens, and 4-wheelers. The kids love riding the horses, and it is so beautiful where they live.
 |
| My sister, mom, and ADORABLE Daxon |
 |
| Ryker and Brooke |
 |
| Hallee Jay |
 |
| Lexi and Chandler |
 |
| One of my favorite things to do is ride horses. |
 |
| Cowboy up:) |
 |
| Stella is such a beautiful little girl, and she LOVED her shoes |
 |
| Uncle Cody entertaining the kids. He was so good at it |
 |
| Taking turns doing tricks |
 |
| CUTE |
Gunny Sack racing
 |
| Korver thought he was big enough to join in on the action |
 |
| BEST Grandpa |
 |
| buried!! |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa with all the kids |
 |
| Daxon |
 |
| Sweet little Sofia. She was such a trooper |
Mini golfing
 |
| Her cute smile just makes you smile too!! |
 |
| Funny pose! These guys are hilarious |
Riding the Go-Karts
 |
| Trey loved going with grandpa |
 |
| Lexi and I rode together! They were so much fun |
 |
| Brooke and Taylor |
The green dinosaur in Evanston
 |
| We caught Lexi and Taylor combing each others hair. It was so cute! |
 |
Addi trying out the wiggle car. She loved them
|
CRAWDAD FISHING IN EVANSTON
I think this was one of the highlights of the trip. The kids had so much fun catching crawdads!
3 comments:
What a fun week!! I wish we could do that more than once a year! THe kids had so much fun and it was so much more relaxing this year! IT was nice to be able to sit and visit with you! We really need to plan a girls getaway!!! Cute pics!!
What a fun week. Email me some pics... since I was cameraless. :( I love pictures... they tell the WHOLE story and it was such a fun year... my favorite year by far!
Ash,
You got such great pictures! I absolutely LOVED Bear Lake this year. The kids were so great together and it is because all of you kids are wonderful parents. I know that we have the most beautiful 15 grandkids there could ever be. We are truly blessed. Thank-You so much for the expense to get all of your family here. It was so great to have EVERYONE!!!
Post a Comment