The other day for some reason Cody and I were trying to remember what our kids were for Halloween a few years ago, and we could not remember. I go and look on my blog and when I pulled up the pictures, it brought back so many memories. It made me grateful for my blog, because I forget so many little things that my kids have done or said, but when I go back and read my blog it's like I can remember all the little and big things we've experienced in our short life together. I'm grateful I've kept up on it, and it's such a priceless thing to us and our kids. I'm a horrible at scrapbooking, so if my kids want any kind of scrapbook this is it! They love looking at it, and also seeing pictures of their cousins.
I am so thankful for my kids! They are the one thing that keeps me in check and make me want to be the best person I can be. I am SO far from perfect, and there are some days where I lay in bed and wish I would've handled a situation differently, been more patient, given them more praise, or just held them more. I'm so thankful I get to stay home with them, because I don't' miss out on a minute with them. Being a mom is one of the most challenging things I've ever done, but by far the most rewarding thing, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. My kids make me laugh by the things they say and do everyday. Poor Korver is such a trooper and doesn't seem to mind being lugged around by a 5 year old sister, and treated like one of the boys by his 3 year old brother. I'm thankful they love me and I know that. I always want whats best for them, and I hope they will always realize that. I don't want to mess up with my kids, and everyday I'm thankful I get to be a mom to them. I've realized that Heavenly Father gives you challenges with kids at certain times to help you learn, grow, and not judge other people, because heaven knows we are all going to have our own challenges at one time or another. He also gives you tender moments to show you that you're making a difference with what you are teaching!
I've started reading this parent books that the Primary president I serve with told me about, and so far they are great. It's called The Power of Positive Parenting, and the other one is Christ like Parenting. Even though I've taken so many classes on teaching kids, each child is their own unique person, and I've learned so much from reading these books so far.
Funny sayings:
Lexi went to a party and they had Cinderella and her prince come. When I pick her up in her most serious voice she tells me that Cinderella is really real. She also tells me that Cinderella has the most wonderful and beautiful blond hair. She told me how lucky Emma (the girl who had the party) was that Cinderella came from Disneyland to be at her party. She asked if Ariel could come to her party next year. I told her we'd have to see if Ariel could take of break from being at Disneyland :)
We've been learning about temples in primary, and at family prayer Lexi tells us, "just so you know I'm going to go to the temple one day, just so you know. It's my goal." She also told me the other night about her baptism. She already has it all planned out and her white bow she's going to wear. She told me she's so excited, but she's not singing at her baptism..ha ha
1 comment:
How Funny! Lexi talks so old for her age. The book sound like a good one. An article in the Ensign by Pres. Monson talked about being a partner with Heavenly Father in parenting and not just depending on our own wisdom. Great advice!!
Post a Comment