Last week we took a trip to Las Vegas to stay with Rikki. Todd was on his 500 mile bike ride that he took with the North Las Vegas stake Young Men's, so I went down to keep her company. I was excited to keep her company, and my mom also flew in to stay the week as well!! We really had so much fun, and my kids were counting down the days before we left. Rikki had such a fun week planned for us, and one thing I always appreciate and love about Rikki, is that she always makes you feel so welcome, calls you to see what your kids like to eat, and always makes you feel at home. I really need to learn a few more lessons from her on hospitality!! She really is one of the most thoughtful people I know, and I appreciate all she does to text me, and call me to stay in touch. I don't get to see most of my family more than a handful of times a year, so when they take time to call, text, or email to talk it means a lot. I always want to stay close, and sometimes I'm not the best at calling on the telephone, but I do love to keep our friendships strong. I'm so grateful for technology, because without it my nieces and nephews would grow up without us seeing all the important milestones in their lives. Our family loves to see pictures and read all of your posts! I think one of the biggest trials I've had in my life (and it may not seem like one to most people), is living far away from my family for so many years. I have made wonderful friends wherever we have lived, and I think that's Heavenly Father's way of helping me, but you can't replace your own family!!
As for our trip, the kids did a lot of swimming, made a craft at Lowe's (which was so fun), got to see the water show at the Bellagio, eat lots of Popsicles, hang out with grandma (which was their favorite part...really it was), be together as cousins, laughing, and playing together. It really is amazing that only seeing their cousins a few times a year, they stay such close friends. My kids love all of their cousins and they all get a long really good.
The one downside to the trip is the bug all the kids caught. They all took a turn, besides Korver at throwing up a few times. My kids really don't get sick, except the few times during the year we go to see family. It really stinks!!
When my mom flew in the kids all made her a sign, and she had NO idea they would be there to greet her. It made her cry when she came down the escalator and they were all waving the signs they'd made.
While we were in Vegas me, Rikki, my mom, and sister Jessica, all got to go and see the Lion King. It was SO good, and we had such a fun night together. We went to Serendipity's before the show, and the food was really good. It was a fun atmosphere. Those are definitely the times where I wished I could live closer so I could just go out to lunch with my family. It was such a fun trip and I'm thankful for the family I have. I would really do anything for them, and I feel so incredibly blessed for all of them, including brother and sister in laws.
Waiting for the bikers to come! It was really hot outside, but the kids were troopers.
 |
| This was when they returned. There were so many people there to support the young men and leaders. They dedicated the ride to this sweet girl who was in a wheel chair. It was really touching. We were all crying, and so were the men! |
 |
| Go uncle TODD |
 |
| The adorable shirts Rikki made |
 |
| Lexi gave Korver some headphones in the car, because she thought he needed to hear the movie too!! |
 |
| Lexi and Brody at the splash pad |
 |
| adorable little stella |
 |
| At the Bellagio gardens |
 |
| Waiting for grandma to get off the plane, so the kids could welcome her to Las Vegas |
 |
| They were all so excited to see her, and she was so surprised she started crying |
 |
| Eating at Serendipity's! The iced hot chocolate and the food was really good. It was a fun place |
 |
| We were sweating by the time we sat down, because we ran all the way to the casino b/c we were late for the show...imagine that, us being late:) |
 |
| These two look so much alike. |
 |
| SISTERS! Love her |
 |
| Amazing show |
 |
| making a craft at Lowe's! They got to keep their aprons and glasses |
 |
| I LOVE this picture! Too cute |
 |
| Lexi showing her 4th of July boat |
 |
| Korver enjoying the swimming pool! I love his grin |
 |
| Stella wanted to lay out just like Lexi. It was so cute |
4 comments:
ASh, youre too sweet! I was so glad to have you come and stay! YOu are such a great example to me and i really cherish our friendship. You got a lot of cute pics! What a fun week!!! It was so fun to just hang out and talk with you. SOrry i was a crazy person but I was glad to have you to vent to! Youre great! Thanks for coming! Love you!
Ash,
It was such a fun time. When I looked and saw the kids standing there with their signs, I realized that they really are the greatest joy of my life!! It was so fun to enjoy the warm weather. It was plenty hot, but it felt good after the LONG winter! Sorry the kids got sick and thanks so much for coming.It was great to see you and the kids. Sorry you and Rikki had to make an extra trip to retrieve the correct luggage. The only positive thing about it, was you weren't there when Trey threw up all over !!! Love you
Sounds like you all had a blast... I am with you on the living far away... I especially hate it around the holidays. We need to make more trips!!! It just seems like it is going to be harder the older they get. I wish we had family around too:)
I don't know why your post made me cry. It is so hard for me to stay home when all the kids were throwing up... I felt sooo torn... but now I realize that a few throw ups are worth the memories. It was a fun night however that I got to be there, and worth the drive home at 4 Am just to be able to spend some girl time! I can't stop laughing at the pic of lexi and stella laying out... life goes fast that is for sure but I think you do a great job of enjoying the ride!
Post a Comment