Sunday, June 5, 2011

Father and Sons

A few weeks ago Trey and I went on our first Father's and Son's camping trip.  Trey was so excited about it.  While we were setting up the tent he just kept saying how excited he was and how he never wanted to go home.  That night we had hamburgers and donuts and of course Trey spent most of his time throwing wood and sticks on the fire.  The next morning we had breakfast and then Trey and I spent some time exploring the woods.  He loved looking for animals and bugs and he also thought it was pretty cool that he got to go to the bathroom outside!  After our hike we went and did some skeet shooting.  Trey didn't seem to be too interested in the guns just yet but he found someone's spiderman fishing pole that he didn't want to let go of, so of course I had to promise to get him one and take him fishing.  After that we all got together and had a flour bomb war.  A flour bomb is pantyhose filled with flour and you run around and throw them at each other.  You can imagine all the white faces and clothes!  Trey thought it was pretty funny to throw them at my face but I got a few good shots in on him too.  Before we left for home we stopped at the lake and Trey spent about an hour straight just throwing rocks into the water, he thought that was the funnest thing ever.  As I live each day and go through life, I realize more and more how richly blessed I am.  It truly is the small and simple things that matter most and bring us joy.  Each minute I spend with my wife and kids brings me more happiness than I ever could have imagined.  Thanks Ashley, Lexi, Trey, and Korver for loving me and letting me be your dad!  I love you guys!!   
                                  Love,  Dad















Trey holding a flour bomb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trey is so lucky to have a Dad who takes the time to spend time with his family. You are so right Cody about the simple things in life really are the things that mean the most to kids! All they really want is your time. This looks like a fun outing and Trey is too CUTE!

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Trey, you are one handsome little dude! How fun to go on a father and sons at such a young age! Dads really are the best!