On May 19th Lexi graduated from preschool and Korver turned 11 months. Lexi was so excited for her special day, and we made sure it was all about her!! She wanted pancakes for breakfast with her favorite...chocolate milk!! Cody always tells me it's my fault she loves chocolate milk, but when she was young the doctor suggested a vitamin D chocolate carnation to get some weight on her. As you can see that really didn't work, but she LOVES chocolate milk still! When she found out it was Korver's special day too she was so excited!! She is the best big sister to Korver, and he takes the place of a doll for her. She loves to dance with him, carry him around, take him in the backyard with her, and she loves to make him laugh. Lexi really is one of the sweetest little girls, and I am so thankful to be her mom. She teaches me more than I could ever teach her, and she just wants to be good. She couldn't wait to graduate from preschool, because all she can think about is getting big. She wants to be big enough to lose a tooth, go to kindergarten, babysit, and be baptized. I still remember so clearly the day she was born, and I think that's when I realized that being a mom is all I wanted to be. She brought so much love into our home, and when I watch Korver, I see a miniature Lexi. They have such identical personalities, and so when they had their special day on the same day, it made me smile. At least once a week Lexi wants to hear a story about when she was born. When you become a mom you realize how deep you can really love another person. I hope my kids will always know they are the BEST thing in my life. I may have good days, bad days, frustrating days, but all I know is I am blessed with a great husband, and three little kids I love more than anything in this world. When I think back to the days when we thought we might not have kids, I realize how empty life would be. Cody and I love watching our kids. It is so fun to see them accomplish things, and see their personalities develop. I just hope that no matter what they know they are loved by their parents, and how much joy they bring into our lives everyday. I know great things are ahead for them, and I'm excited to watch their lives unfold!
At Lexi's graduation she got the award for being sweet and kind to all of her friends at preschool. She was so proud of the book her teacher made her. Miss Buffie really is the best, and Trey can't wait to be with her next year. They performed some really cute songs, and then they got to go swimming. I will post video and pictures in the next post.
Korver is growing and getting so funny. He loves to laugh, and will sit on the floor and laugh at himself. He is super shy, and when strangers talk to him he hides his face. He is very bashful, but loves the attention. He recently learned to clap and it is the cutest thing! If he hears anybody say good job he starts clapping. He toddles around all the furniture, and Lexi is determined to teach him to walk. He loves to go through all the cupboards, drawers, and pantry. He is very curious, and loves to climb the stairs if we aren't watching. He loves to be outside, and will sneak out as soon as the kids open the door. He still loves to eat rocks, so we are constantly swabbing his mouth. He loves to chew on things, and if your toes are dangling in front of him he will try and eat them. He loves bath time, feeding himself, dancing to the beat of the music and snuggling. He is almost always happy! He is such a ray of sunshine, and we love him to pieces. This has been the fastest 11 months. I wish I could freeze time.
2 comments:
Hey Lexi, You look like a beautiful little graduate! You stop wishing to grow up... It is already happening way too fast.
Korver, you really are an amazingly good baby! You could make anyone smile.
Lexi- You are such a beautiful little girl. I can see why you won the kind award. Korver you are such a cute good boy:) It makes me so sad to see these kids all growing up! Way to go Lexi:)
Post a Comment