Monday, November 15, 2010

Gilbert Temple Ground Breaking

On Saturday November 13, 2010, we got to watch as they broke ground for the Gilbert temple! It is going to be a beautiful temple and we can't wait to have a temple within 15 minutes of us!! It is literally right around the corner from Cody's office, so it will be so neat for Cody to see it everyday when he goes to work.  It is so amazing how temple work continues to progress, and how thankful I am for the gospel. I love the feeling you get on the grounds of the temple, and how grateful I am to have the principals of the gospel to guide my children along in this uncertain world.  When we heard the talks at the ground breaking it helped put into perspective the most important things in my life.  I know when I'm living the gospel, being grateful for the things I have, praying, and taking time to play with my kids, I feel so much more peace in my life.

The past couple of months I feel like life has been a world wind, and I'm just trying to keep up. With my church calling, 3 kids, a house to keep up, and life in general, it has been busy busy. I feel really grateful for my wonderful husband who is so patient with me, loves me no matter what I might look like at the end of the day, and who is such a huge help in my life. I think we make a great team together, and I love him so much.  I'm thankful for kids that teach me more than I could ever hope to teach them.  I've realized I'm probably NEVER going to have it all together, the cleanest house, or things as organized as I would like, but if I don't fail with my family I'm going to be ok.  I love the quote, "No success can compensate for failure in the home."  I know my biggest success is my little family, and if I can just hang in there, be patient, and be grateful each day life will be great. I know the most important thing is to be a good example to my kids, and some days are better than others, and I know I have a long way to go!  I  feel lucky for all I have, and I'm so glad for the moments of clarity when you can see all your blessings big and small!!

3 comments:

NAT said...

Thanks for these words of wisdom, Ash. Some days I get caught up in how much crap I need to accomplish that I don't open my eyes and ears to what my kids are doing and actually listen to their cute comments or take the time to play with them more. They are at such a fun and important age and it's easy to forget how quickly they grow.

It will be so exciting to have such a beautiful temple so closeby. I'm thankful for that beacon of light (the gospel) in this liberal and deceived world of ours.

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Well said ash! I feel like having a 3rd baby has made me realize that I CANT to it all and its OK! THere is a time and season for everything and right now we just need to enjoy our kids because they are growing so fast! I feel like I "baby" stella so much because ive seen how fast time has gone with chan and brody! Im not trying to make excuses but with 3 little ones it is hard to go to the temple but everytime I see a picture of it I am reminded why being a mom is so important! And I my perspective totally changes! Youre an awesome mom and beautiful ( i saw ur fam pics)! Cant wait to see you next week!

Anonymous said...

Ash,
You are so lucky to have a temple so close! I keep waiting for a temple in good old WYOMING!! You are a wise Mom to focus on what is really important. That is why we are told to always put family first, because they are our first priority. I have that quote by Pres. David O. Mckay "No success can compensate for failure in the Home." That is one of my favorites. How blessed your children that you are able to be at home with them.