I am so behind on blogging, but today I just really wanted to write down just how grateful I feel for the wonderful people around me. I have been feeling really lucky lately how many wonderful people have come into my life, and how much I have learned from each one of them.
I have a wonderful husband, 3 beautiful kids, amazing brothers and sisters (who really are my best friends), wonderful grandparents, great in laws whom I know would do anything for my kids, AMAZING AMAZING parents (whom I wish I could live closer to almost every day, and I don't know what I will ever do without my mom), wonderful grandparents, friends that have stepped in as my family since Cody and I ventured off to dental school, and also my best friends throughout grade school.
I realize each year I get older I would not be where I am today without all these people, and how my influence, attitude, and teaching moments can affect the people around me. I can't say life has always been easy living so far away from home, and when we went off to dental school I didn't think we would end up so far from family. I have realized even when it's hard, I have made some very special friends along the way because of this, and I wouldn't trade my friendships with them for anything in the world. I have learned so much as a mom, and I've learned that I can be ok, even if it would be nicer to live closer to family. I have a great family with just my little family of 5, and I'm lucky to have a good husband who loves me and 3 kids we completely adore!
My grandma and grandpa Belnap sent Korver a card a few weeks ago, and in the card it talked about how they know they won't be around to see him be raised, but how much they loved him. It really brought tears to my eyes that he won't know these great people. Korver is their 49th great grandchild!! Anybody that knows my grandparents knows how important their family and Jesus Christ are to them. They are such a cute couple and my grandpa NEVER forgets any of his grandchildren or great grandchildren birthdays. He even calls everyone in his ward on their birthday.
When I was back home my entire family, except for my big brother who was in Alaska, attended the temple together. All of my in laws were there, my parents, and siblings. It was so neat to be with everyone inside the temple, and it was a great feeling to know we would be together forever. We had such a fun week at Bear Lake together, and Trey still thinks that's where my parents live!
We had the primary program last week and since I'm in the presidency we were all a little stressed about how it would go. As I watched Lexi sing her part, and listened to the sweet songs the kids sang, you could feel the spirit so strong. It's in these moments that life is put in perspective, and I realize that this is what life is all about. I can be the most imperfect person, but if I am learning, growing, and becoming a better person I can be happy with what I'm doing.
Thank goodness I have TONS of great people around me to help me and my family get to where we need to be.
1 comment:
Ash,
You are an example to all of us for expressing gratitude for your blessings when you have been so sick! You have always had a positive attitude. I think that it is so important to surround yourself with good people. We are blessed with a great heritage and that is something that money cannot buy. I am so thankful that my children were blessed to know their grandparents. I would love to have my parents around forever and I know that they have been so blessed for being 82 & 85. Having everyone in the temple was the highlight of our vacation. I just missed Ryk. Today Elder Perry said in our Stake Conference that CTR not only means Choose the Right, but Current Temple Recommend.... I am so glad that my children feel it important to have a Temple Recommend. Love YOU
Post a Comment