Saturday, June 26, 2010

Korver Kip Nielson is HERE!!

On Saturday June 19, 2010, our precious little boy Korver Kip Nielson decided it was time to make his appearance into the world. He weighed 9lbs 5 oz, was 21 1/2 inches long, and has a full head of dark hair!! I am pretty biased but he is SO adorable and the best baby!! We wanted to give Korver a family name of someone important in our life, and it was only fitting it be Cody's twin brother Kip. They are best friends, and we hope Korver can grow up to be a good person like his uncle Kip!!

My moms birthday was the 18th and Father's day was the 20th, so we decided he wanted his own special day, and came between the two dates. My delivery went so smooth, and I was able to get all 3 doses of the antibiotics for the strep b, so baby was born perfectly healthy and we were able to go home sooner than expected!! It is amazing how much you can love another person in such a short amount of time. When he came out all I felt was this overwhelming love and appreciation for him, and I felt so lucky he was able to come to our family. I forgot how much I love holding tiny babies, and how peaceful it is just rocking them.

When we got to the hospital I progressed pretty slow at first so they could administer all my doses of medicine, but once the doctor broke my water I went from a 6 to a 10 in twenty minutes!! We actually had to wait for the doctor to come back to the hospital because he thought it would be a few more hours before I delivered. Three pushes and our little guy was out!! As soon as he came out, the first thing the doctor told the nurse was to put him on the scale. He couldn't believe how big Korver was, and just kept telling me he had no idea that big of a baby was inside of me. The past month I thought we were either having a really big baby, or my hips were falling apart. My hips had been popping out of place really bad for about 2 months, so I was very ready to have him. Once I saw how big he was I knew that's why I'd been having hip and pelvic problems. He really isn't that chubby besides his face. He just has really long arms, legs, and big hands!! He has been such a good baby so far, and the kids LOVE him. Lexi wants to hold him all day long, and when she leaves she asks me to make sure he is awake when she gets back so she can hold him again. Trey has been great with him as well. Everyday he tells Korver how cute he is, and loves to talk to him. If Korver even starts to whimper, Trey will run over to me so concerned and tell me the baby is crying. It is so cute.

The first time the kids came to see us in the hospital Lexi was so heartbroken to go home. She told Cody that she didn't want to leave her brother and mom at the hospital, and kept asking when we could come home. We couldn't get her to stop crying, and it was so cute how concerned she was. She has been a second mom to Korver, and I love how much she loves him!! She is always willing to get me whatever I need, and she loves to pick out clothes for Korver.

After having Korver I realized even more how lucky I am to be a mom. Sometimes I forget in the moment of busy day to day activity to sit back and take all these moments in. Time goes by so fast, and I'm excited to just enjoy this time with my baby and kids. I know once Lexi goes to kindergarten next year things will never be the same. I'm looking forward to enjoying this next year with my three little ones, because I know in a few years I will look back on these years and realize they were the best years of my life!! Life is good and it is so nice to have a baby in our home again.

P.S. will post pics this weekend

10 comments:

Heidi and Michael said...

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS! Be sure and post pictures for sure! I wanna see this baby boy. I know he's adorable without even seeing pictures. Congrats again. So happy for your darling fam! So crazy how I really wanted the name Korver if we had a boy and then I saw on your blog that that is what you were going to name your son! Lucky dog! My husband will never let me have the name Korver for a future son someday so I'm glad someone else gets to enjoy it! Its a darling name!!

BrentAndreaSorenson said...

Congratulations on the new addittion. We are excited to see the pictures of the little guy. Hope you all are doing well. We miss you guys.

buffyvandabailey said...

Congratulations! What a strapping boy...can't wait for the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ash! I have somthing for little Korver in the mail coming so be looking for it. We can't wait to see pics of him. Also can't believe how big he is:) Congrats!

LMJ said...

congratulations, Ashley and Cody! I love big babies, and I'm sure you're loving yours as well. I can't wait to see pictures! take care and enjoy your sweet little nugget :) love you guys!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! Korver is darling. Hope everyone is doing well.

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jami said...

Congrats!!! I'm so glad everything went good. I love the name and can't wait to see pictures of this little guy! Hope everyone is doing well we miss you guys!

NAT said...

I'm so happy for you! He's a doll and that is so touching how concerned Lexi was. What a cutie pie. Hope you're doing well with three!! :)

snappy said...

I can't believe you gave birth to a 9# baby! How did he ever fit inside your little body? Congratulations on your new little boy! Sending best wishes to your family from ours.