Sunday, June 6, 2010
Feeling Very Thankful
The past couple of weeks we've been a little on edge because we knew we had to take Trey in for some testing at the Phoenix Children's Hospital. He has had some episodes, and the doctor wanted to rule out cystic fibrosis. I was devastated when they told me this news, but they were optimistic because of what a healthy little boy he is. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with the new baby coming and this happening, but I was glad it happened now, instead of right after the baby was born. We had to take him into the children's GI specialist as well. The lady told me there would be up to a three month wait to get him in, so I was frustrated by that. I felt Heavenly Father's hand in things when last week I called to schedule the next available appointment, and the lady told me she had just barely had a cancellation. It just happened to be the same day I was taking him all the way down to the Phoenix Children's Hospital for his sweat test, and the opening was for the clinic only 10 minutes from that hospital!! I knew this was not a coincidence and we were able to take the appointment, and get things figured out. We appreciate all the prayers and fasting that have gone out in Trey's behalf. On Friday we got the results back and he doesn't have cystic fibrosis!! We were so relieved!! I think when you hear news like that you appreciate, love, and hold your kids a little tighter. I'm glad that everything turned out ok, but you realize how quickly your life can change, and that you would do anything for your kids. I'm so grateful for a Heavenly Father who hears and answers prayers. I'm lucky to have the priesthood in my home and for a good husband who honors it, especially for times like these. We are grateful Trey is ok, and now we are waiting for the arrival of our little guy anytime!! They said if he doesn't come by the 18th they will induce me!!! I'm so anxious and I wouldn't be surprised if he came this week with the way I've been feeling, but I'm not getting my hopes up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so happy that everything is ok! When I was pregnant with Zander there were some abnormalities and they told us the baby may have Downs Syndrome or Cystic Fibrosis. It was so scary, and when he was born and was healthy it was such a relief.
I'm hope everything goes smoothly when the baby comes, good luck!!
I'm glad that everything is okay with Trey. That's all you needed right now...with a crappy pregnancy and then being so close to the end.
I can't believe that in two weeks, baby Korver (if that's the name you decided on) will be here. I'm so excited!
Post a Comment