This morning while Cody was getting ready for work Lexi said, "daddy, will I always be your little girl, and will you always love me?" Cody responded with, "of course you will always be my little girl, and I will always love you." Lexi said, "well, I will always love you no matter what you look like dad, even if you have an eye patch I will still love you."
I'm not sure where she got the eye patch part, but a few weeks ago in FHE we talked about loving people no matter what they looked like, or even if they aren't perfect. We thought it was so sweet of Lexi to say this. She has one of the biggest hearts and we just love this little girl to pieces. Lexi always knows just what to say to brighten up our day. We feel so lucky to have her as our little girl, and she sure loves her dad.
I want to journal these times so I don't forget all the fun stuff my kids say.
Trey's new thing to ask is "whatcha doin, where you goin, and I missed you." If I'm talking on the phone he wants to know who I'm talking to, and he always wants to know everyone's name wherever we go.
He always tells you he misses you when you leave and come back. He is all boy but is the sweetest and most tender hearted little guy, loves to teach himself how to do new things, LOVES his big sister so much, and is a momma's boy through and through (I love it). He and Lexi really are best buds and it is so fun to watch them together. I wasn't sure I was going to make it through the first year of Trey's life, but now I'm SO glad I had them so close because of how close they are.
1 comment:
This made me laugh and cry at the same time! It is so funny, yet little children have such an unconditional love for their parents, no matter how many mistakes we make. It is true that no matter how old your children are, they are still your little girl and boy! Lexi and Trey are so adorable.
Post a Comment