
Today I had the chance to be an escort for my good friend Jessica for her first trip to the temple. It was such a neat day and I was so honored that she asked me to be with her. I haven't been able to go to the temple since getting pregnant because of being so sick, so it was fun to be with her and just enjoy our time together. It brought back a lot of memories and I can't believe it's been over seven years since I first had the chance to go. I'm so proud of Jessica and her decisions the past couple of years. She got baptized about two years ago, and you couldn't find a more sweet and good person. She is so strong, and I'm so excited that she decided to go through the temple. I know it will change her life for the better and you just can't deny what you feel on the temple grounds and inside. Jessica was one of my very first friends here in Arizona and I've been so lucky to have her for a friend. I look up to converts of the church so much, and it's so amazing when you hear their stories of conversion. I feel so lucky to have the gospel, but it seems like they feel extra lucky to have found it because it changes their lives so much. I'm glad that I could be a part of this special day because it helps to remind me of how blessed I am to have the gospel, and the things I need to be doing better in my life.
2 comments:
Reading this brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for being there with me! It was an amazing experience.
What an honor to be her escort. She sounds like a special person. I feel sad for those parents that aren't able to be an escort to their own children. Being with your children in the temple is an amazing experience. Converts can teach us a lot about not taking the gospel for granted as you listen to their conversion stories and the changes in their lives.
Post a Comment