Friday, February 26, 2010

LIFE

The past few weeks I've thought so much about the journey Cody and I have had together the past seven years. Never in a million years could I have mapped out our journey when we got married, but one thing I can say if I didn't have Cody by my side through everything my life would not be complete or near as happy. I am such a family person and living far away from my family 90% of our marriage has not been easy, not in the least. Cody will tell me at times he is so sorry he couldn't get me closer to my siblings, and especially my mom. Raising kids without family close has been all on our own, and you really learn what you can do, even at times you don't want to learn it. We made it through days (especially with Trey's colic) that were tough, but I think I love my kids and appreciate them even more because of it. As much as I didn't want to go so far away for school, I know that it has made me see my life and appreciate what I have a million times more. I know without going away from home and stepping way out of my comfort zone, I wouldn't have relied on my Heavenly Father so much. I'm just so thankful and grateful Heavenly Father has put us in places where we have been able to love and still love. If we have to live so far away I'm glad Arizona and Indiana were the two places chosen for us.
I was reading in the Ensign the other day and I can't remember exactly how the quote went, but something like "education takes us places we may not want to go, and pushes us to do things we thought we could not do."

I'm so incredibly grateful for both of our educations and that we were both blessed to finish school. I couldn't ask for a more hard working husband, whom I truly thank Heavenly Father every day for blessing me with. I'm so thankful I get to stay home with my two little angels. They are my best friends and get me through lots of longs weeks when Cody is working. I can't wait to meet our little boy in a few months! Trey asks me at least three times a day, "mommy, is baby movin." Lexi loves to feel my stomach every morning, and yesterday she felt him move for the first time. She was SO excited!! She told me she is going to help feed, change, and hold the baby. She is so excited to be a big sister again. These are the times where you sit back and realize no matter what life throws at you, no matter how far away from your family you may be, that my children, husband, and the gospel are the things that make life really good!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I agree 100%. Living away is hard to do, but I know it has made me a better wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. I also know it has made Kurtis and I grow extremely close as a couple. I wish we were closer to our families, but I would not change it for the world. We have met wonderful people along the way and become better people ourselves.

Anonymous said...

Ash,
You seem to make friends wherever you go and I am so thankful that you have the gospel to pull you through the ups and downs of life. I would love to have you closer, but it is such a comfort to a mom to know their daughters have someone who loves them and who is kind and takes good care of them. Thanks Cody!!! I am so glad you love being home with your kids! It shows in all you do that you love being a Mom!!

Anonymous said...

Ash,
You seem to make friends wherever you go and I am so thankful that you have the gospel to pull you through the ups and downs of life. I would love to have you closer, but it is such a comfort to a mom to know their daughters have someone who loves them and who is kind and takes good care of them. Thanks Cody!!! I am so glad you love being home with your kids! It shows in all you do that you love being a Mom!!