Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lexi's Fairy Princess Ballet Class

Back in January my friend asked if I wanted to put Lexi in a fairy princess dance class with her daughter. I didn't know if Lexi would like it or not, but she loves dancing, singing, and of course anything to do with princesses, so I decided to enroll her. She loves her friend Natalia, so I knew they would have a fun time in the class together. The first day I picked her up she could not stop talking about how much she loved the class. She told me she wanted to be in it forever! In the class they teach them songs, dances, and let them dress up. They even get their own tutu, butterfly wings, crown, and wand to keep. This past week I went to her first performance. It was so fun to watch her, even though she was really shy most of the time. Lexi reminds me so much of myself at that age. I loved to dance and sing, but when it came time to performing, I always acted so embarrassed. It would drive my mom crazy! She was so proud of herself and Trey gave her a treat at the end for doing so well. It was fun because grandma Jaylene got to come and watch. I really can't believe Lexi is going to be four tomorrow. She always tells me that when the new baby turns one, she will get to go to kindergarten like her friend across the street. Lexi loves to be home, so I'm not sure how excited she will be when she realizes school is 5 days a week, all day. She is growing up so fast, and Cody always comments that Lexi is all legs! We have the hardest time finding jeans to fit her because she is so petite. I told Cody she will be living in stretch pants until she's in high school.

Pictures to come

3 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun class. I bet Samantha would love something like that. I can't believe she will be four either! They grow too fast!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the funnest class! I need to find one like that for Taylor. She loves to dress up in princess stuff:) I bet she looks so cute in her dance outfits:) Can't wait to see the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Lex,
You look beautiful in your dance outfit! You are right Ash, about the stage fright. I am laughing because it reminded me so much of you. The only thing missing was the eye roll! I wish I could have been there.