Friday, October 30, 2009

Preschool Halloween Party/ First Fieldtrip to Pumpkin Patch

The last couple weeks have been pretty busy and exciting for Lexi. She has been so excited to go on her first field trip to the pumpkin patch with her preschool!! She kept asking me when we were going to go on the big school bus to the field trip. When I told her we weren't going on a big school bus she was a little disappointed but still excited!! Kids bring so much fun and excitement around the holidays. Lately my kids just want to walk around our neighborhood and see all the fun Halloween decorations our neighbors have put up. It is so fun to watch them get excited!!
For Lexi's first field trip we went to the pumpkin patch and Trey was lucky enough to come along too. The kids got to pick out a pumpkin, decorate it with stickers, go on a hayride, and jump in this big bounce house. Trey just LOVES pumpkins and wants to carry his around with him everywhere. They had a fun time and other than Trey getting a black eye in the bounce house it was a great time.
For Halloween Lexi's preschool class had a party. The kids got to dress up, have a parade, and prepared some songs to sing to all the parents. The kids were so adorable singing all of the Halloween songs they had prepared. I'm so glad Lexi has a chance to go to preschool and learn from such wonderful teachers. She loves it, and every time she goes to preschool she is always so excited and proud to show me what she made that day. Lexi has such a sweet spirit and she really wants to choose the right. She loves to learn, dance, and sing. She is truly has the sweetest little spirit. She was so excited to wear her costume and asked me specifically for her party if I could curl her hair really pretty. She couldn't wait to wear her new Halloween shirt from grandma Kate. She wore it two days in a row and to bed. Luckily the next day it was her party at school, or I'm afraid she would've asked to wear it again. She is so funny lately with the things she says and does. The other day she told me she didn't want to wear bows anymore, she just wanted to wear barrettes like the rest of the girls in her class. I love this little girl to pieces and I'm so grateful for the happiness and joy she brings into our family.
























3 comments:

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Her costume is so cute!! Lexi is to smart for preschool..her little comments crack me up. Especially the one about her bows! Chan loves school and I am so glad I put him in! That stinks that trey got a black eye, but I am sure it wont be the last one he ever gets. ONe of my boys is always bruised or has a black eye!! I am so excited to see you guys, only a few more weeks!!!

Anonymous said...

These are the cutest pictures. Lexi looks so grown up with her preschool. I just can't believe she is going on a field trip. I'll bet Trey loved going along. Poor Trey either has a scraped nose, black eye or something. He is all boy!

NAT said...

Lexi, I'm glad you had fun at the Pumpkin Patch. Your hair is beautiful!