Yesterday Lexi and I were playing on the floor when she says, "mom, how come you have such big muscles?" I asked her again what she said and she pointed to my chest and asked why I have such big muscles. I couldn't stop laughing. She is hilarious lately with her questions. The other day she wanted the real explanation on how people have babies after seeing a bunch of cows. I try to be honest with her, and just take every question as a teaching moment, even though she is so small. She picks up on everything and is just too smart!!
The other day Trey started saying, "I strong." He says it whens he picking something up, or pulling himself up. It is so hilarious. He will flex his muscles for you and make the sound. He has become our little copy cat. Whatever we say he copies, and he asks why about a hundred times a day. Sometimes I will hear Lexi telling him, "stop asking why Trey." Trey is also learning to say his prayers. He lays down on his floor and will try to say everything you tell him to during the prayer. It is the cutest thing!
9 comments:
I am so glad you write down these funny things that the kids say and do. They are going to love reading these things later on. If you get stumped on answering the sticky questions, you can always borrow my book " So That's How I Was Born."
It is the chicken way out of explaining!!
Hallee is into the question asking stage as well and IF i have a baby I know she will want to know EVERYTHING! THanks for being concerned about me... and for calling. Somehow feeling that yucky I was able to feel better when I talk to you and mom! I just needed some mom and sister time.
That is SO funny! Samantha has asked about my "muscles" before too.
Both your kiddos are darling! Hope you are all doing well!
Guess you better not get a boob job then she'll really think your on steroids!!! I hope you guys decide to come in November it would be great to see you! Igt was great talking to you, you always have great advice and make me feel better about myself and the mother I am. thanks love ya!
I know what you mean when you are talking about the question stage. Believe me it just gets worse. Ty asks me all the time how the baby is going to get out of me. I have just told him that sometimes the doctors have to cut you open.. it's called a c-section. And his response to that was..."and what do they do the other times?" I wasn't ready to go there:) I am sure it will come up again:)
ps... Rikki, your comment was hilarious.
Such cute kids!! Gotta love how young they start questioning things! Hope you are doing well!
Lexi is such a cutie!! Elliott (my 4 year old)is always asking about how our baby is going to get out, and "how did it get in there?" so we pulled out the 'kid friendly' human body book and went straight to it! I guess it helps that I am a L&D nurse, so I feel pretty comfortable talking to my kids about that kind of stuff! Alec (who is 7) is pretty well versed in the whole process.... Not sure if that is smart, but I guess he will know what is the truth when he hears all about it at school, and he probably won't hesitate to correct them (scary)! LOVE the muscle comment! So cute :)
Your kids are so darling. Emma is in the "why" stage, too. Emma has poked my "muscles" before and I told her that one day when she's a Mommy she will have them, too.
Post a Comment