Friday, July 10, 2009

Visting grandma and grandpa

We had to chance to visit both sets of grandparents while up north. I am so grateful that our parents live so close to one another. It is so fun to be able to spend time with both of them whenever we are home. Cody and I were talking about how thankful we are that our kids have such wonderful grandparents that love them so much,and who set such great examples. On our way up to Utah Lexi says, "grandma is going to be so excited to see me, she might even cry." I thought that was sweet because whenever either grandma sees them or says goodbye they cry. We stayed so busy and I have to say after almost 3 weeks we were all completely exhausted!! We were doing something everyday, but it was a lot of fun. We went on the paddle boats, 4-wheeling everyday at my parents (which the kids could not get enough of), saw many of my closest friends, rode the train to Salt Lake with grandma Jaylene, went to the temple (Lexi wanted to go so bad), enjoyed spending time just hanging out talking with my parents and mother in law, and the kids enjoyed getting very spoiled!! My dad even took Trey to work with him one day, and he had so much fun. Every time my dad wasn't around Trey was always saying, "papa, papa." He LOVES my dad to pieces and whenever we were at my parents house Trey was looking for him. It was so funny because when we pulled up to my parents house Lexi said, "mom, this looks like a fun house." I'm so thankful to have in laws and parents that have endless energy and love for my kids. They are loved and they know it when they are at their grandparents!! Thank you for such a fun time! Lexi is already talking about going back to grandma and grandpa's!!

The kids riding with grandpa on the riding lawn mower. They LOVED this!!
Temple


The kids enjoying the temple grounds

On the train to Salt Lake


Trey at the temple



Lexi at the temple

Grandma doing the girls nails
My dad was so great. He took the kids on a ride whenever he was home.






3 comments:

Kajsa said...

wow, what an update, thats a ton of pics! looks like you had so much fun and did lots of things! the kids are so cute and look so grown up! tell them hi from jaylie! love ya

Unknown said...

Ash I love the pics! Especially in the belnap post! Those are so cute! Thanks for getting those CD's and all those pics from DAD... seriosuly he takes so many adorable ones and we hard;y get to see them! I just want you to know how much I look up to you as a mom... you are so good with your kids and so patient! I love that about you! Your kids just love their mommy! That was so fun to be able to spend so much time with you while you were here... it just makes me wish that it was like that alll the time... that you lived around the corner.... but I am greatful for what we do have.... a great family that wants to put the effort to stay close! I knwo i isn't easy for you to take both kids by yourself but I am glad that you did b/c Hallee and lexi truely became best friends and I loved it!

Anonymous said...

we feel so lucky to have had you stay for a week. We miss the kids so much. Our home is pretty empty! It was nice to have someone to eat all the popsicles. Thanks so much Ash for traveling alone with the kids. We loved having you! The pictures are great!