Friday, June 5, 2009

Playdate Fun

I have three callings right now for church and one of them is being on the Enrichment committee. I am in charge of organizing play group every week. It has been so fun getting to know all of the other moms in our ward, and it's also fun for my kids to play with different kids each week. This past week we had it in our back yard and the kids had so much fun. We did water activities and the kids had lots of fun together. Today Lexi wanted to go buy some more water balloons. Lexi and Trey have made some good friends since we moved into our new house. Below are two of Lexi's favorite pals, Clayton and Natalie. Everyday she wants to play with one or the other. As for Trey, he just likes tagging along and playing with the younger siblings of Clayton and Natalie. I'm so lucky to be able to stay at home and enjoy this time with my kids. Cody always has such a hard time going back to work after he spends the weekend with the kids. I'm so glad I don't work outside of my home, and it has been a great calling for me to get to know people better in my neighborhood.










































































































































































11 comments:

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

I love playdates!! My kids are so much better when they get to get out and play with other kids! I love the pics of trey!! HE is so handsome!! Iam so jealous that you got a BOSCH! That is like my dream!! Todd says I dont need one but one day IAM getting one!! Are you still coming for the reunion?

Unknown said...

What a fun calling! I know our ward does that stuff but I never know about it till its over! How fun! Look at you with all this new cookuing stuff! I think itsawesome! Can't wait to see you in a week!

Tai said...

I love having playdates although I must admit I am really bad at having them. So I have one request... I have a pressure cooker and have never used it. I don't know how and don't have any great recipes... when you are down here wanna come over for dinner and you can teach me to use it?????

Jenny said...

Fun! I love our Playgroup, they make adjusting to a new area and ward so much easier to get used to. I be you plan so fun stuff too!

Hope you are doing well. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Playdates have been the best thing for my kids and for me to get to know the other mom's in our ward. Three callings is a little much don't you think? Hopefully they are little ones. I finally got a kitchen aide a couple months ago from my friend. She was getting a new one and so she gave me her old one. I love it! My mom just got a bosh and loves it too. It is so much faster then using my hand mixer. I would love some of your recipes that you have been using and like. YOur kids are so cute!

Kajsa said...

how fun! we love playdates too! im glad your meeting lots of fun people there! i want a bosch too, my cousins and aunt all have them and got them when they did the cooking class too. miss you!

Our Family said...

Looks like fun! Trey has the prettiest eyes! My mom always wanted a blond child with brown eyes...

NAT said...

Three callings? Geez! They must really like you. :)

I'm glad that you're having fun with playgroup. I never know when ours are. They used to tell me, but I haven't heard lately.

The kids are growing up so fast. Tell Lexi not to get too close to those boys. They're trouble.

Anonymous said...

Ash,
It sure didn't take you long to make many friends. Callings are the greatest way to meet other people. Some of my most favorite people are those that I served with. The kids look so darling and I can't wait to see them next week. Hope you are planning on serving us all your new cooking tricks! You are becoming quite the little domestic homemaker. I don't think you got that from me!! Love you

Heidi and Michael said...

Lexi is so little! She is so darn cute. Both your kids are beautiful. Glad things are going well for your cute fam!!

Tai said...

Thursday sounds great!! Just give me a call!