Saturday, June 27, 2009

Friends no matter the distance

My first stop on my little mini vacation was to St. George to spend time with two of my best friends, my sister Jessica and my great friend from dental school Stefani. Stefani was one of my closest friends in dental school, and when she asked if there was any way I could come to St. George while she was visiting her parents I said of course. It doesn't matter how much time passes, when we get together we can still talk about everything and nothing changes between us. I know the friends I made in dental school will always be some of my closest and best friends. It makes me sad to think of how big her kids have gotten since we left Indiana. We were so blessed to go to dental school in Indiana and meet all the wonderful people we did. I had a chance to see my great friend Tai and her family as well. We had the best time together making salsa, laughing about life, and doing what we do best together...EAT!! I really don't think I could have survived the first year of dental school without Tai. She took the place of my mom when I had Lexi, and I will always be grateful for that. When they say friends come in the form of angels I believe that more than anything. I'm so thankful I can stay in touch and continue the friendships I made in Indiana. Life just wouldn't be complete without great girlfriends!!
Thanks to my little sis for letting me stay with her. We had so much fun hanging out and traveling up to our family reunion together. We had so many good talks, and our girls love each other to pieces. Whenever I am with her I wish we lived closer. She is always very honest with me and I know I can talk to her about anything. She is such a strong person and great example to me. She is such a great mom and role model to me even though she is younger than me. My family can always make me feel at peace, laugh so hard until I cry, and helps me realize how truly blessed I am to have them.



























































3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Ash! Believe me... it is always my treat when I get to hang out with you! I would drive to Vegas everyday to pick you up if that means we get to spend time together! I am sorry I had to gte off the phone but My minutes are running low this month! Oh and my house was a mess! I hope you know how much I love you and I am so glad that the Lord blessed me to have a sister like you! You are so kind... I love that aout you... Hallee just loves you and your kids! She truely loves you and talks about Aunt Ashley a lot lately! I love yu! Can't wait to see you this weekend! thanks for making the effort and spending the money to come see us! I PROMISE we are going to return the favor and come crash your house soon... when it gets alittle cooler in Arizona! :)

Tai said...

Thanks so much for coming and spending some of your vacation time with us!! We loved seeing you! It has been way too long!!! Your kids are so cute and we had so much fun having you here!

Heidi and Michael said...

Tons of cute pictures! Glad to see you guys are doing well! Hope Arizona is still treating you well. You are so pretty Ash!!!