This past weekend I was lucky enough to attend the temple sealing of my oldest sister. I wasn't sure if I was going to go since Cody was unable to come with me, but my great friend Stefanie made the trip with me and we had so much fun. She is truly one of the sweetest people I know to make an 8 hour trip with her kids and also mine. We had so much fun talking and I'm grateful to have her for a friend and neighbor. The kids completely entertained each other the whole trip, so the trip actually seemed like a breeze. We joked that we were going to bring each other on all of our family vacations if our kids would act this good in the car. It was so much fun because I completely surprised my parents. I told them we weren't coming, and when we arrived that night my mom started crying. Lexi LOVES spending time with her cousins and grandparents, and when we left she started bawling. I am so glad she enjoys being with her extended family so much. Her favorite part is always riding the 4-wheelers and getting icees with grandpa. Trey really took to Chandler, and I think those two might grow up to be two peas in a pod. My mom didn't believe me when I told her Trey had lots of energy, but after this weekend she realized what a work out for me he is. I love his zest for life and he is always such a happy little guy. He loves to explore his world, and keeps everybody laughing with his clown personality.
Attending my sister's sealing was such a spiritual experience. I know how long she has worked to see this day happen, and to see her little girls dressed in white was so touching. I think all of us were very emotional that day. My testimony is strengthened even more every time I attend the temple, and especially when I see someone married or sealed. I am so thankful and blessed that I have the gospel in my life. There is such a special spirit that you can't deny on the temple grounds, and I'm thankful it can be a part of my life. I'm so proud of my sister and Eric for the choice they made. My two nieces looked so beautiful and it was so much fun to see Chloe for the first time. I was sad Cody, Brooke, and Ryker couldn't be there, but I know they were so excited for Nat. I'm so thankful for my eternal family and they mean the world to me.
3 comments:
That is awesome she got sealed!! Were you in St George? I was there last weekend with my kiddos and Mike! That is awesome your friend drove up with you!
That is very exciting! I'm so happy for your sister. I'm sure that just made your mom's day showing up like that.
Ash, thank you so much for driving all that way to see us for our special day. It was great to see you and your darling kids. I love your kids so much. They are dolls. I really do apprciate the sacrifice you made to be there. It was sweet to have family there to support us.
You're looking beautiful, as usual, and I'm loving that you've joined the land of bigger earrings. They are SO much fun and I'm glad that you've caught on! Now we just need to convert Jay. It's so much fun to accessorize. :)
Thanks, again, for coming to be with us on our special day. Love ya!
Post a Comment