Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mom


The past 5 years I haven't been able to actually spend Mother's Day with my mom, because of school and living so far away. Every Mother's Day I reflect on what an incredible mom I have, and how lucky I feel everyday that I have her in my life. My mom is my very best friend, the greatest role model, beautiful inside and out, and someone I can always talk to about anything. I hope one day my kids will see me the way I see my own mom. She gave up so much to raise us, but it didn't matter to her because she loved being a mom and we always knew that. She instilled strong testimonies in us, always treating people with love, and taking the higher road even when it was hard to do. Everything good I learned from my mom, and I in turn love being a mom. My children are my greatest blessing. I love them so much and enjoy being home with them more than anything in the world. I wouldn't trade staying at home with them for anything. I love everyday how they learn new things, give me hugs, and how Lexi gives me complements just to make me feel good. My kids are so forgiving, loving, and innocent. I am grateful to have the great opportunity to be a mother, and I am lucky for the wonderful mothers I have to look up to in my mom and mother in law.
"Beyond all lessons, beyond the model she provided, my mother gave me a parent's ultimate gift: she made me feel lovable and good. She paid attention; she listened; she remembered what I said. She did not think me perfect, but she accepted me, without qualification."
-Fredelle Maynard

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree!! You have one of the best mom's known to man. Why do you think I married Ryker??? Really~ she is great and I am honored to be her daughter-inlaw:)

Anonymous said...

Ash,
Thank-You so much! I feel very undeserving of such a special tribute. It is very obvious to be around you to see that you love being a mom and wife. It is so fun to see my own children in the actions and personalities of my grandchildren. Lexi's little personality reminds me so much of you! Thank-you for always being such a great daughter! Lexi and Trey are blessed to have you for their Mom. Thanks Again....Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Ash, You are 100 % right and I really do think you are the most like mom out of all of us! That is really something to be proud of becausse mom is the best and I think you really are the best mom I know! I love you!

NAT said...

That was a nice tribute. Happy be-lated Mother's Day! You are an excellent Mom...that's why your kids are so cute and smart. :)

Unknown said...

I want you to post some pics of your cutains! I am excited to see them!