















Easter is a time I have looked forward to from the time I was a kid. I remember many great memories spent at my Grandma Belnap's house hunting Easter eggs with all of my cousins, and having the time of our lives! Even though my parents taught us the true meaning of Easter, this was such a fond memory I had as a kid, and probably one of the things I looked forward to most!! So, in our house we tried to teach a lot about Christ, but still enjoy watching the excitement our kids experienced hunting Easter eggs, and talking about the Easter bunny. I look at my kids and how excited they are about things, and it makes me feel a little bit like a kid again. Teaching our kids about the Resurrection, Jesus Christs sacrifice, and why we celebrate Easter is very important to us. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life, and I am thankful for a Savior who so unselfishly gave his life for us. I am so humbled at all I have because of him, and I hope to instill the importance of the gospel in my children.
For the past week Lexi has been asking to dye Easter eggs almost everyday. We dyed eggs two different times, and she just loved it. Her and Trey love to eat them after we are all finished coloring them. I thought they would eventually get sick of eating them, but they didn't. It was so fun watching them find the eggs in our back yard!! It took Trey a minute to catch on, but once he did he didn't want to put his Easter basket down. Lexi asked if the Easter bunny was going to come with us to church. That night we had a yummy dinner with some friends, and after each holiday I have more and more appreciation for my parents and all they did for us growing up.
6 comments:
Looks like you had a fun weekend. I love Easter! So fun coloring eggs with the girls.
I got the same dresses for Samantha and Bailey. Great minds think alike!
Miss you!!
Your kids are so cute!! Looks like you had a great weekend!!
I love Trey's Tie! He is such a handsome little guy! I think it is interestig that you love Easter so much b/c of the momories of Grandma Belnap's house b/c so do I. Cody didn't understand why I was so excited to have the kids hunt for Eggs and dye easter eggs and why I went to so much trouble to have their baskets wiating for them when they woke up... it is just fun memories that we want our kids to have too! I love it! I can just see Trey running with his basket after the eggs!!
Your kids look so adorable. I love their Easter outfits!
Your kids are beautiful. I love their Easter clothes and their pj's. I think it's great that you create all of those memories and traditions for your kids, too. Not to mention, glad that our parents started them for us.
I'm glad everyone had a Happy Easter!
Lexi looks so beautiful and Trey's tie is awesome! He just makes me laugh with his big brown eyes. What a handsome little guy! Your trip to Texas looks so fun and I think Kip and Cody are looking more alike everyday! I'm so glad you loved going to Grandma & Grandpa Belnaps for the Easter Egg Hunt. I was hoping to carry on the tradition until you all moved away. I even bought gunny sacks for gunny sack races and since I had no grandkids here on Easter, I used them for the ward party! I miss you.. Love you
Post a Comment