Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Daddy Daughter Date

Last Saturday Cody wanted to take Lexi to the daddy daughter party they had at the church. Lexi was so excited and the first thing she asked, "do you think they will have cake there mommy." She is so hilarious. All afternoon she kept telling me how excited she was to go to the daddy daughter party. I think she probably asked at least ten times why mommies couldn't go to the party. I told I was sad I couldn't go, but that Trey and I would have fun at home. After the party I asked Lexi what they did and she said, "we had some burgers, carrots, played games, and I danced with daddy." I guess on the way home she told Cody, "I missed mommy at the daddy daughter party." She is so cute!! I'm so glad Cody wanted to take her, because even though she is only three, it makes her feel so special going by herself places.


4 comments:

Basarabas said...

That's so cute! What a sweet little girl.

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

How fun! THere is definetely a special bond between a dad and his duaghter! My dad still calls me daily to make sure I am ok and that I am being taken care of!! Tell cody the yard looks awesome! Are you sure you didnt pay an illegal to do that? It seriously looks great! You should drive up this week. I am still not working so it would be fun and then you would be here for Nats sealing!! Just think about it!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful green lawn! It looks great Cody! I can still remember doing the polka with my Dad at out daddy daughter dates. I loved it. I hope Lexi will always be close to her Dad as well as her Mom. Trey is a heart stealer. He cracks me up.
Love you

NAT said...

I'm glad that they were able to go. That Daddy/Daughter bond is so important. I always stress it to Eric so that my girls don't grow up with "Daddy Issues." :) Glad they had fun.