The last few weeks have been a little crazy with decorating, projects, and lots of visitors. Having visitors stay with us is one of my favorite things!! It is something I have always looked forward to since we moved away from family. Luckily we have great family that is willing to make the trip to see us in Indiana and Arizona. This past week one of my good high school friends stayed with us for a few days, and then my brother Todd and his family came for a week. We had so much fun, and Lexi loved having her cousins here. I think Brody was ready to go home, because Lexi was always playing with him, talking to him, and telling him how cute he was. We stayed really busy going to the splash park, playing tennis, eating out, going to the mariners/royals baseball game, Jumping Jacks, the Grand Canyon, shopping, golfing, and enjoying the warm weather. Most days we wore ourselves completely out, so at night instead of playing games we fell asleep within a half hour of sitting down to relax. Thanks to my brother for getting us tickets to the baseball game, and Chandler even caught a foul ball. He was so excited and made us laugh the whole week. He has such a zest for life and loves to have fun. He is so much fun to talk to and always wanted to ride in our car. He is such a sweetheart and Lexi has missed him.
During our trip to the Grand Canyon we realized how scary it is taking 4 kids under three, but we still had fun and the Grand Canyon is gorgeous. Rikki and I agreed that if you don't believe in a God, you will after you visit there It was so nice to spend one on one with their family. Rikki is always so thoughtful and brought us the best housewarming gift, and something very much needed....new towels!! She is one of the most thoughtful people I know and I'm so glad she is part of our family. We are always getting something cute in the mail from her, and I hope she knows how much we appreciate her thoughtfulness. Most of our towels look like they should be solely used to wash the cars!! My mom knew exactly what to tell Rikki when she asked what we needed. I'm so grateful for Todd and Rikki that they took time out of their busy lives to come down and see us. I always have so much fun with Rikki and our 99 cent earrings were the best bargain of the week!! Cody had so much fun golfing with Todd, and I know it was a much needed break for both of them to have the week off. They both work so hard for their families and it is very much appreciated. Lexi loved having Cody home, and everyday she would ask "dad, do you have to go to work today." When Cody would respond with a no, she would give him a big hug and say "I'm so excited." Now that he is back to work Lexi asks him every night if he has to go to work the next day. I'm so glad her and Trey love their dad so much. I love him too and I'm grateful for all of his hard work and sacrifice.
I will post pictures when I get them from Rikki since my camera is still out of commission!!!
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a good time with everybody. Maybe someday we'll make it down there for some fun in the sun. It snowed here, today. Boo.
Ash we had so much fun. We were more than excited to come see you guys! Dont forget those pics are at costco. We cant wait to see you again. YOu have an amazing family and we love you guys.
Sounds like fun!! Going outside in the warm weather sounds great!!
Post a Comment