Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our little Princess

Sometimes I forget that my little girl is only two, because she is more like a six year old than a two year old. Anybody that knows her would say the same. She will completely plan out the day, tell Cody to sit down so she can tell him all about animals, have a full conversation on the phone with anyone, and use words that you didn't even know she knew the meaning of. She is pretty amazing and so sweet. We are so glad to have her in our family!! The reason I say all of this is because potty training has been a huge ordeal for her. She is pretty advanced for her age so I thought she would get it pretty quick. She got the first part really well, but going number 2 is another story. Being completely serious she will tell me this is a hard thing for her!! For the past couple of months we pretty much told her she could pick out anything in the toy store that she wanted if she would just go. She talks about what she wants at least once a day, but never does anything about it. So, a couple of days ago she finally did it!! I was SO thrilled b/c this has been one of the hardest things I've been through with Lexi. My patience has been so thin!! She was so excited and wanted to go straight to Build a Bear the next morning so she could make an elephant like her friend Kyren. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this helps and we can finally be done with potty training.

The other night we also carved pumpkins. Lexi couldn't wait to help Cody carve her small

pumpkin and our big one. She had to sleep with her pumpkin every night, and one morning she
came in saying "my pumpkin got lost under the bed." She is a character and we love her to pieces. Trey and Lexi also got a package from Grandma Kate full of some Halloween goodies.
They each got a pair of light up socks and Lexi will not take hers off. She insisted we put
Treys on as well. As you can see Treys were more like leg warmers. I told Cody he looked like a softball player!




































































































































































9 comments:

Basarabas said...

Your kids are darling! I'm glad Lexi is getting the potty training thing. I'm SO not looking forward to that with Jacob!

Jami said...

Lexi looks so beautiful in those pics you took of her. I'm assuming you made her bow?! very cute!

Heidi and Michael said...

Oh goodness... good ol' potty training! I'm scared too death of it and thats the one thing I'm not looking forward to when we have kids. Reminds me of when I worked in an autistic pre-school a couple years ago and we were potty training 6 kids at once. Talk about stress!! AHHHHHH!! That was not fun!

Anonymous said...

Ash- Love all your pictures! The sock thing cracked me up because Taylor is the same way with her socks. She wont take them off for anything:) I love your kids cute costumes! Brooke

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Hooray for Lexi! Isnt potty training the pits? Chan was doing so good and then all of a sudden he doesnt want to poop in the toilet, just in his pants...lucky me! It does get frustrating but is is way to late to just give up now! Those pics are so cute, i love when they are up close like that! We cant wait for thanksgiving to see you guys!!

buffyvandabailey said...

I think we finally got it this week (potty training). Nights are our challenge (he doesn't wake up). I can't believe how fast our kids are growing up. I actually cried about it to Allan last night as we were watching old videos from 2006. Sniff, sniff.

NAT said...

Lexi is definitely a smart little girl and very special. What a cutie. Both of your kids are adorable and you've taught them well.

Jenny said...

Way to go Lexi. I am struggling with potty training Sammy. She wants nothing to do with it! Lexi looks so grown up!

Melani said...

Oh Ash! I can totally relate to the potty training. I finally just kept Ari home for 3 days straight and did it. Ari wouldn't go poopy either. My doctor told me to give her 3/4 tsp of karo syrup every couple of hours, and it worked. I could tell you more, but it might be weird writing it on your blog. :) Good Luck with that!