Sunday, August 24, 2008

My little boy is getting so big

Today I was looking at my little boy and realizing how different my life was nearly 3 1/2 years ago. A lady told a story in church today about the adoption process of her little boy, and it really hit me. I could really sympathise with her in so many ways, and it brought back so many memories and feelings of what I went through to get my children. I met a girl who I think is so adorable. She has PCOS just like me, our body types are so similar, and she has been unable to have a baby for three years. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her, and I've realized without other people we would never realize our blessings, trials, and how to become a better person. I have so much to learn from other people and I'm thankful for all the people who have been in my life thus far. I've learned so much about myself and who I want to become through good examples of others. I think this whole trial in my life has really helped me appreciate what I have, and what an important role a mother plays. I'm thankful to be a mother and even though I'm not the best mom some days I love my kids more than anything in the world. As my little boy approaches one I feel a little sad at how fast he is growing up. He has SO much personality and is just hilarious. He loves his big sister to pieces and likes to tease her lately by trying to pull her hair. I guess big brothers just inherit the trait of knowing how to bug their sisters. It doesn't matter where we go I always have at least one person tell me that they could take him home. His smile just melts every one's heart. I thought I'd never make it the first seven months after Trey was born because of the problems he had, but now he is the most easy going baby and such a joy in our lives.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

I know how you feel! Tyler came running down the hall at church today- in new "big boy" shoes and a tie. . . I almost didn't recognize him. He looked SO grown up! Your children are so darling, and they are so blessed to have you. :)

Heidi and Michael said...

Your kids are definitely adorable! I know you're a great mom. You and Cody both... I know they love you so much. How could they not!? You and Cody are awesome!

Unknown said...

Ash you are such a god person and always look for the good in everyone. You are a great mom and from the time I was little I always wanted to be just like you... in sports especially but now I look up to you as a mom and I wish I was as patient as you are with you kids! You are still coming to the blessing right? I want to see you guys so bad! We love you... Trey can't turn one... he is perfect right now and I don't want him to get any bigger. Love yoU!