Friday, June 27, 2008

Counting my blessings

I want to write a post just for my family. Sometimes I wonder just how I got blessed with such a great family and extended family. I don't think I tell them enough how much I appreciate them. Whenever I'm back home I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of all the things I need to be to, and sometimes I get a little stressed instead of enjoying the moment. This last time at home I had so much time to talk and hang out with my little sister and brother. We hadn't talked like that in years, and it meant so much to me to share that time with them. I wish we lived closer to all of our family so we could spend more time together. I also want to thank my mom, dad, and my mother in law for all the times we invade their homes for weeks at a time. We really appreciate it and I know my kids feel so loved in your homes. I am grateful for the wonderful family I am blessed with, and we thank you for helping our family survive this past year. My sister has a quote hanging up in her house that reads "today's trial is tomorrows testimony." I feel like if our family could survive the last year, we can probably survive anything. Thanks again to all of our family and we love you all SOOO much.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

You are so sweet. I feel the same way about my family. How do you really let them know how much you love and appreciate them?

Tai said...

I am so glad you had such a great time in Utah. I feel the same way you do. Yet we are still incading my parents home. I am sure you bring so much love and such a great spirit into their home it is a huge blessing to have you there!!!

Unknown said...

Ash we lovef havig you here. It is so nice to have you around, no friends can take the place of having a sister around to talk to. We love you!