Lexi got her tonsils out on Friday and did great! She was so brave and didn't even cry when she was coming out of anesthesia. We had to be at the hospital by 6 a.m., so all of us were suffering from major bed head. Lexi was so excited for her surgery, but as it came closer you could tell she was getting a little nervous because she wouldn't sit on the hospital bed. She kept telling us she was ready to go home. The doctor said her
adenoids were double the size of her tonsils, and her tonsils were considered large. She ate so good the next couple of days, so we're hoping she might put on a few pounds. Lexi had to stay in the hospital for 24 hours because of her age. That night her and I were laying in her hospital bed and she looked up at me and said "mommy we're hanging out." Then she said "mommy, I like books, I like puzzles, I like to throw rocks in the water, I like shows." It was so cute and then she fell asleep. About four that morning the nurse came in to give Lexi her medicine, then the nurse asked Lexi if she needed anything. Lexi said "yes, I want some food." The nurse just started laughing. The nurses kept asking me if Lexi was always so happy.





Cody singing Lexi a song before the nurses took her to surgery

Lexi right after her surgery.

Trey couldn't wait to see his sister again, or maybe it was the sippy he tries to steal everytime he is near Lexi.
7 comments:
Ash- I am so glad that you took pictures of her surgery. She will love to look back at that someday. I wish I would have taken pictures of Taylor when she was in ICU. Trey looks adorable and sooo handsom. We are glad Lexi is doing so well.
You have some cute little munchkins there. I can't believe how alert Lexi looked after her surgery. I'm so glad that everything went well. Lexi is so cute and I love her comments.
Way to go Lexi - what a brave girl she was. Glad to hear that everything went smoothly with the surgery hopefully she is totally better already!
Ash-I'm so glad that the surgery went well and she is doing good. She is such a trooper. The two of you are amazing parents!
It's sad to see her in the hospital bed but I'm very glad that everything went well and she is having a good recovery.
Lexi looks so cute in her hospital gown. I can't believe that she didn't cry coming out of the anesthesia... Hallee wouldn't quit crying when she got her tubes and the nurse told us we couldn't leave until she stopped crying. LExi looks too happy to be going into surgery. What a fun personality she has and I am glad that everything went well! We love you guys so much and I can't wait to see you... Trey is growing up too fast!
I can't believe she had to get her tonsils out already - poor little lamb! That's not fair.
Post a Comment