Saturday, April 19, 2008
Good News
I went to the cardiologist yesterday and my news was very promising. After doing some blood work last week he said my blood work came back perfect, and even though my heart is not pumping as efficiently as it should it is not by much. They determined that I had a genetic defect and they believe my pregnancy with Trey triggered the cardiomyopathy. He said I do have a form of cardiomyopathy, but I don't fit into any of the three main categories. I still have to take some medicine that will help my heart beat more vigorously, but hopefully I will be able to live a normal life. I am glad I became aware of this problem because it could have been very bad news had I gotten pregnant again. I can't tell you how RELIEVED Cody and I were. The only part that I'm really really bummed about is that my cardiologist advised me not to get pregnant again. He said it could trigger this to happen again, but it could be even worse. I have to go back in three months for another echo cardiogram to see if it is getting better or worse, but I am optimistic. I am sure I will have frequent visits to the cardiologist the rest of my life, but I feel so blessed it's not worse. I am excited to get back to the gym!! I am thankful for all the prayers, because I know without a doubt that is why the news was good. I have such good family and friends. I am a very lucky girl to have good people in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
That is great news. I am so happy for you. We love you guys. You know we are here for you if you need us.
Ash-I love how you look at life. So thankful & blessed for everything special that happens in it. Your amazing & I am so lucky to have you as a friend. I love you so much! Your always in my heart & prayers.
Ash we love you, I am sorry we never come out to Indiana while you lived there... we will make up for it when you decide where you will be locating here soon!
Ashley--- We are so happy to hear that your results were good. I know that your positive outlook on life is a great blessing. You are such a great mom and so blessed to have 2 darling kido's. We love you- Brooke
Ash, I am glad that you are going to be okay! I was really worried about you!! I hope you and your little family are doing well! Miss you!
I just heard about what your were going through a few days ago. Actually, I've been wanting to talk to you about it. My sister experienced the same thing after the birth of her first child. We almost lost her, but she is doing great now. I'm so thankful that you are doing well. That's wonderful news!
Great news! I am so glad that things are looking good...I really think being optimistic pays off! It sounds like its a veru good thing that they discovered this when they did. Love ya!
This is great news! I'm so glad that you are ok and can live as normal as you can! You've been in our prayers and hope the best for you!
Hey Ashley,
I finally did it, I joined the blogger world. Hey I am glad that you are okay. Mike and I just think the world of you and Cody and we wish you the best and will be praying for you in your big decision coming up here the next couple of weeks. You guys will figure it out and it will be wonderful. You definitely deserve all the best!!
What a relief Ashley! So glad to hear it!
This is stacy. Ashley, I want you to know you have been in our prayers and my heart has gone out to you through this trial. We have been so occcupied with taking care of Karlee's recovery we didn't want you to think we have forgotten about you. I have learned over the years that doctors are just people too, the real person who is in charge knows our needs and far superior to anyone on Earth. He knows our wants and whats best for us. Each person has their own fear of what might happen in their own life to themsemselves and sometimes we are tested with that very fear to see how we will handle it, it is unique and individual to everyone sometimes it is purposly placed there to see how we will react and if we have the ability above doctors advice and everyone and everything else to LET GO and LET GOD. Thank goodness we aren't in charge! Your news and your attitude sound very positive. I love you and know through my own trials and doctors advice about this this and that ,that just as we don't have control of the sun coming up every morning, even if we doubt it might not and the night and darkness will go on forever we will always waken to a new tomorrow because he designed it that way and he is in charge. Did you know that you're an important in this world, needed by your family and absolutely essential to many as a daughter, spouse,mother,sister and friend? All the strength you'll ever need is right there in that courageous heart of yours. So hang on to that smile, that resolve, and keep trusting in tomorrow. And never forget we'll always be here to help you do just that! Hope you have a great and maybe even more meaningful Mother's Day this year!
Love ya, Stacy ps my new email is stacy.nielson@live.com
Post a Comment