Saturday, April 5, 2008

Counting my blessings

I know some of you know, but this last week I had a follow up with my heart and the news was not good. I don't want to draw much attention to my situation, but many of you have asked me how things are going. I figure this is the easiest way to let my friends and family know what is going on.
I went to the cardiologist for what I thought was a routine followup, and he informed me that my heart was not working at 100%. He told me my right side is enlarged, and the blood was not flowing to this side as it should. He told me it could mean I have a hole in my heart, or some other underlying factor. I went in for another cardio echo so they could take pictures of the right side of my heart, and also do what they call a bubble test. This will show if there is a hole and what is going on. Although the last few weeks have been very crazy, I count my blessings everyday and feel I am being watched over from up above. I am lucky they caught this when they did, and hopefully whatever is going on can be fixed. I have been training for the mini marathon, and even though I'm sad I won't be able to do it, I'm glad I became aware of this. I guess I realize more than ever that I need to enjoy everyday I have. It has really put things into perspective for me, and I truly look at my kids, and life in a different way. I know that trials can only make us stronger, and I am grateful for all the prayers. I really appreciate all the concern and I am optimistic things will turn out ok. I get my results back next week, so Cody and I are praying things will turn out ok.

12 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea!! Please keep us posted here! Wow, if you need anything at all, please tell me! How scary. Somehow it will work out...

Unknown said...

Ash we love you and you are in our prayers. This trial must have come because you are such a strong person and Heavenly Father knew you could handle it! Keep us posted!

Erekson's said...

Wow, you have just been not having the best of luck with your health eh! I hope and pray that everything will turn out for you. I can't do much because I'm on bed rest now but I can come and hang out with you and we'll be sickies together! Everything will turn out ok, you are in our prayers.

Jenny said...

Ash, I am so sorry that you have had such trials the last little while. I hope that things turn out to be okay and that it is something that is easily solved. In the meantime, I am keeping you and your little family in my prayers!!

Anonymous said...

Ash-- We are so sorry to hear all the stuff you have been going through this last month. But, we definately agree with Jay. You are such an amazing person and mom!And Heavenly father only gives you what you can handle. We call Taylor our little fighter and you are the same way. Ryk has told us stories of the missing skin he has, from your claws, from back in the day. We know that you will be strong through this even when it seems to be tooo much..There is a church song.. I will have to find you the name of the artist but it is called "Hold on"...It's my favorite and has helped me through trials in my own life. It talks about trials we are given and to hold on no matter what. You know your Heavenly Father loves you!! We all love you too and are praying for you everyday:)

Melani said...

I wish I could just get in the car and come see you. I'm giving you a big hug via post. :) I got your email. Call me when you get a minute. I love you so much! They're are a lot of people praying for you.

Ashlyn Stephenson said...

Ashley, I am so sorry. I will keep you in my prayers.I know how health can make life very difficult. I hope everything turns out ok.

Kajsa said...

hey i have been meaning to call you, im so glad you posted this bc i was confused after talking with jaylene and kip did not say much after talking with cody so we were both confused on the situation. we are praying hard for you and that it will all work out ok. love you lots

NAT said...

Ash, we're praying for you. Keep us updated.

Love ya!

The Enslingers said...

Ashley, I am sorry you are dealing with some tough stuff right now. We will pray for you too and I hope the results are great next week! You really are such an amazing person and I have loved you and looked up to you our whole lives! You really are an awesome example to everyone around you in so many ways! I just wanted to let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers and I love you lots!
Heather

attack of The Mouse said...

Ashley, we are thinking of you. I drove through your home state this weekend and I thought of you. You are right our lives are precious and we need to just be grateful what we have. Keep us posted. We are cheering for you.

Naomi said...

Hey Ashley- what a scare! I pray that the Dr's will find a sure way to fix it all. You're right, each day we have with our family's is a gift. Hang in there and let me know how we can help.