Spring is Here!!
Spring is here and the sun is finally shining here in Indiana!! I have been so anxious to take my kids outside and I think they have been just as excited. We took our first walk outside with Trey on Monday and he loves to be outside just as much as Lexi. It feels so nice to get outside and walk around since my surgery, and I'm feeling really good. I went to the Cardiologist today and my news was great! They said my heart looks perfect and that the fluid is gone. I can't tell you what a HUGE relief that was for Cody and I. It's funny when things happen how differently you look at life and things. Even though it was such a small thing, I just don't know what I would do if I couldn't be with my kids everyday. Just being in the hospital for two days I missed them so much. I don't think I could ask for a better job in life than being a mom. My two kids and Cody bring such a big smile to my face. I love watching the personalities of each of my kids evolve, and I'm sure most days they get so tired of hugs and kisses, but I have to get them all in while they still want them. Here are a few pictures from Easter. For some reason I forgot to take pictures of us dying eggs and Lexi in her Easter dress, so next week I will take a picture of her in her Easter dress. She also loved dying Easter eggs, and especially eating the eggs afterwords. I guess she really loves hard boiled eggs...who knew!We also decorated a little bunny gingerbread house. Lexi kept eating the frosting off the roof, and sneaking pieces of candy. I think eating the candy is the funnest part too. It was so fun to do together and she kept holding the bunny and saying, "love you bunny, love you bunny." She didn't want to put it on her house. At the end she goes "I made it, I did it." Then her favorite saying, "mommy again." (she wanted to make another one and instead of a gingerbread house she kept saying it was her cake.) 





12 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun time. The weather here has been nice too! I hope you are feeling better now!
I'm SO relieved that everything is okay! Whew! I hope that your recovery continues to go well.
I know what you mean about Spring. I'm so sick of the snow...but I guess it's supposed to snow here tomorrow AND Friday! No more!
I love Lexi's cute and cheesy grin. Her hair looks like it's getting so long. Emma and I are jealous. Okay, so Emma doesn't notice, but Mommy does and I'm ready to start doing cute things with her hair! It just needs to grow!
Mom told me that the memory book for Grandma turned out really cute and I can't wait to see it on Saturday. Thanks again for doing that.
Love ya!
P.S. I just read all of Lexi's cute sayings on the side of your blog. She is so much fun!
cute pics! jaylie makes those funny faces sometimes too! thats such a cute idea-the gingerbread house! im so glad things are ok with your heart! and glad you can walk around! its crazy to read that bc we have been able to go outside for months here! the weather is perfect! so im glad its warming up for yall!
Yeah!!! So glad to hear that everything went good at the doctors. We were worried about you. Lexi looks like she took after he mom in the candy department:) So happy you are doing good. Let us know if and when you are coming for sure.. Times and everything:) Brooke
I'm so thankful that everything is looking good, and you are feeling better. I know what you mean about looking at things different when something bad happens. My world has changed so much with Cayden's diabetes. Life's just to short, you've got to remember why your really here. Children are everything. Being a mom is the best. I love the Easter House-So cute. Lexi is beautiful!
Ash that is great news! I'm glad everything is okay. Seeing the pics makes me miss you guys and I can't wait to see you guys after graduation! Tell Cody everything will turn out like its supposed to and I'm so proud of him for doing so well in school! Graduation is just around the corner! Wahoo!
I'm glad things are going better for you. Now just get Lexi's surgery over with and hopefully you will be in good shape. I love those pics of Lexi and her funny expressions-too cute!
Hope you are feeling better! Man, you guys have a lot going on right now... Your kids are getting even CUTER by the second!
I am so happy to hear that you are well. I have to tell you that Abigail was looking at your blog with me and she said, "Mom, I want to have a play-date with Sister Nielson" She really does think the world of you.
So glad to hear the good news from the doctor!! You had me worried! We miss you!
i am so glad you are feeling good and that everything is okay with your heart. you had me nervous. i'm glad your recovery is going smooth. what a fun idea to make a house for the bunny.
Post a Comment