Friday, November 30, 2007
I finally did it!!
I have been wanting to run the mini marathon here in Indianapolis since we started dental school, but I have always been a chicken and never followed through. I can't say I love running but I do like to work out, so I told myself this was the year and I couldn't chicken out. I have been pregnant for the past couple of years so that was my big excuse, but this year I decided to do it since we will be leaving in May. I still can't believe our time in dental school is really almost over. I am going to miss the people here sooooo much, and I have to admit I'm a little nervous to move on to real life. The people out here have made this experience so great and I'm such a better person for knowing all of them. Anyways, I hope I can really run 13 miles, but I figure even if I walk some of it I am still accomplishing something I've always wanted to do. Wish me luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am excited for you, I always wanted to run a mini or a marathon as well. I would have loved to be there to run it with you! Best of luck to you!
Hey! That's awesome! I'm proud of you. I did a 5k on Thanksgiving day and thought I would die, but I think you work out a lot more often than I do, so I'm sure you'll do great. :)
To me, running is mostly a mental thing. If you can get some great music and zone out, you should be good. There's some advice from a non-expert.
Again, that's awesome! Good luck!
hooray for you!!! i really am excited for you. you will do awesome.
Go A. That is wonderful. You are ambicious. I'm feeling really great about my run around the block ONE time last monday. Maybe I will make it out there this week. :) The sad part is I don't have any good excuses as to why I don't exercise.
Good for you! When is it? Lots of the girls out here are doing that type of thing too.
Post a Comment